Fantom X6 help

phydeaux

I'm a guitarist in a cover band doing mostly 60s,70s,80s, R&B & Classic Rock. I doubled on keys for about a dozen songs on a Yamaha PSR 550 until I stumbled across a fantastic deal on a Fantom X6. I use it strictly for piano, brass and organ live. The problem is that most of the other features on this unit such as sampling and sequencing, are lost on a relative newbie like myself. Does anyone know of a tutorial that would help me utilize all the other features, (Fantom for Dummies)?

Plan B is to maybe sell the Fantom to free up guitar related funds, and down grade to an older board with comparable sounds (XP60/80?) that would still allow me to split and layer. Any suggestions?

Google is your friend.

In a ten second Googling I came up with this page --- LINK --- and there are many more Fantom resources listed there.

To answer your second question, any modern multi-timbral keyboard is capable of splits and layers, and those from Roland, Yamaha, Korg and other mainstream manufacturers cover the basics that you're looking for quite well.

Back