(Evolution?) MK-61 Midi Controller - power?!

hopmanjr

Hi all,

Recently acquired one of these - not sure if it's Evolution or not, but a quick search around suggested it is. Now, at the risk of soundling like a complete idiot, it has a power button, a suggestion of "9-12v DC" but nowhere apparent to apply this power! No input for an adaptor, no place for batteries!

Anyone have one of these? Am I being exceptionally dim and missing something obvious here, or is it an hilarious jape by those crazy folks who made it in Taiwan?

Thanks in advance for any help.
John Paul Moran

SO did you get power

I have an MK61, just bought a macbook and pro tools want to void buying new midi keyboard but used to power the mk61 using the game port. Di you find a USB power source as most I can see say they don't work with Midi keyboards...

I have an Evolution MK-361C and a MK-461C.

Both can be powered either by the USB port OR the 9vdc jack.

If your keyboard doesn't have a dc jack it wouldn't take too much imagination to say it is USB powered.

This "fake politeness" is so American - and I am American. But I was raised by a Scottish Father and if ever asked him a question like this it would take him about 1/10000 sec to whack me on the head and scream "SNAP OUT OF IT!!!".

I'm not 100% sure if that wasn't better in some ways because people don't seem to be able to make fast, common sense decisions very well in the USA.

I see that here every day, sorry if I offended anyone by saying that. :)

Another thing - I had two working USB cables... one would power my MK-461C and the other wouldn't - completely dead. :confused:

So if it doesn't work with one USB cable (and the drivers are installed) I'd try another USB cable.

at the back of the controller. there is a power supply inlet that looks like a personal computer socket. i also own this thing. Evolution Mk61. but i don;t have manual for it.

I have one, it's powered by the midi-port, on older computers you could connect it to that (printer port) but with modern ones you need a converter to convert midi-port

You'd need a gameport lead and a gameport to usb converter, that will get you power from usb to the keyboard, but it won't see the midi messages on the usb (not for any of my testing) however, if you then ALSO use a midi lead from the midi out port on the keyboard to a midi-in on your soundcard, while powering it from usb/gameport converter, then you can use it in with anything you like.

Back