don't like QS6.2, want to trade in for another synth...

n8tron

I've had the QS6 for a few years and I've never been happy with it. There acclaimed "true stereo piano" patch is awful, and the rest of the sounds just not for me.

whenever I turn it on and play that piano I wonder if its something I'm doing wrong, cause I don't know how anyone could think this is a quality patch.

that said, what are some similar priced keyboards that I could upgrade to? I always liked the xp30, but i can't find those anywhere anymore. How is the rs-70?

if you have any tips on making the piano sound more...piano like, and not so tin-y I would be greatful

n8tron said:
if you have any tips on making the piano sound more...piano like, and not so tin-y I would be greatful

I don't know, but if I didn't like it I would copy it into the user bank and try editing it. Do know how to edit it?

I am basically a guitar player and have never edited the QS8. I did alot of editing on Korgs at one time and came up with some nice stuff.
Its worth the shot if it saves a ton of money.
I don't even know if you can copy the piano voice. It may be "dedicated" and uncopyable(is there such a word?)

no i can copy it... but basically when i try and edit it i'm just doing everything on "accident" i don't know exactly how to change the sound how I want.

and i figured since there truestereo patch was supposed to be good that me changing it would only make it worse.

i'll give it a shot though and see what i can do

I have a QS.6 Pianos out of the box are way under par if you know what I mean. I've tried tweeking them but nothing I've tried works. Anyways :) I would still keep it! I use mine for the synth sounds that you can make from it. I do alot of Styx covers and I have managed to get alot of the synth sounds out of it through tweeking and even (ugh) starting from scratch. :mad: If you want to hear a sample I will email you the .mp3. I do the solo from "Come Sail Away" on this board. :D

yes, they are under par depending on what you do.

as a keyboard, i mean no including the sounds...but the actual physical keyboard i think is very nice for a $500-$600 keyboard. Its very very simple to use and find patches. The design is nice and its sturdy and a good size. But that sounds.... they are just totally hit or miss. Some are...oh thats cool... and others are...huh? why did they do this!?

Back