Can I record audio CD's from my Roland KR-575?

EastOfTheMoon

Is it possible to record CD's from my KR-575? If so, what equipment do I need? If no-one knows, does anyone know a place I can go to find out this information?

Yes you can. Do you have a manual? If you do check out the Input/Output section of the manual. If you have no manual, you can use the 1/4 inch jacks located on the back of the piano and connect these piano Outputs to the Inputs of a CD burner(or cassette etc.), you can also input that signal to a mixer if you wish and route the signal to your heart's content(dub tracks to ADAT,hard disk, or whatever your recording capibilities allow). If you have a computer, you can also route via a breakout box to the computer's p- port, serial port or whatever breakout box port combo you can find at the pro audio or computer store . Also depending on your audio card I/O's, you could go 575 directly to the audio card of your computer. Now depending on your software, you now have MIDI and audio editing capibilities. Don't forget about you MIDI ports for sending to outboard sequencers too. You have MIDI ports front left under keyboard and on the rear(can't use both at the same time tho,only 1 MIDI port at a time). If you don't have that manual, I would suggest getting one. The contents, although simple for recording, can be helpful. Try Roland's web site or call in L.A., the people there have ALWAYS been extremely nice and very helpful in my experience. Good Luck.

And don't forget, you have that floppy drive on the 575, you can write to that, transfer to a computer ( edit or whatever) and if your computer has a burner you can write to that CD burner!

[Edited by engineear on 10-23-2000 at 23:09]

Back