Best free guitar VSTs

tswion

So I've scoured the internet for free guitar VSTs the past couple days and I see a lot of really outdated reviews and older software, some of which I'm sure are really quality, but I thought I'd still check in with old faithful.
Which guitar VSTs have you found to be most useful, how do you use them. Also, I'm looking for the best free distortion and fuzz VSTs out there!
Thanks for any help

Swan

There's nothing legit sounding out there for free. Musiclab's Real Strat and Real guitar are good, but a little expensive. Also VIR2's Electri6ity looks incredible.

Best route would be to learn to play the five primary chords in G then use a capo to transpose when needed. It's a quick fix that I like to use. And for leads I normally just play the line using two or three notes then use pitch correction software to enter pitch value. Works pretty well actually.

As far as amp simulators, I would go with either Amplitube 3 or Overloud's TH2. There are others but these sound best IMO.

You get what you pay for. Electri6ity is really good, but like anything, you have to learn how to use it.

Back