B3 w/Leslie

David Artis

Good Day,

I am looking for a plugin, software program that can truly reproduce the actual sounds of a B3 with a 147 cabinet.

I know there are several programs out there such as the B4 items and one by Creamware.

Have any of you used these or any others that you would be willing to give your opinion on?

The best you'll get is an emulation. But the emulations are pretty good. I'd STRONGLY recommend trying one yourself, rather than asking us if they'll work.

I don't have a Hammond or a Leslie, so I use emulators. They're okay. I really like the Rumpelrausch ZR-3, and the Dirtbag. Haven't felt a need to spring a couple hundred bucks on the Native Instruments B4 when I like the free ones so much... but I'm not a real organ player so I don't know what I'm missing!

nothing is going to be "exact", other than a real B3 and a Leslie (and even they are subject to variances).

that said, the B4 product is a lot of fun and will probably get you in the ballpark.

cheers,
wade

I have used an actual B3, owned a digital Hammond and a Roland VK-1000, and currently use B4.

B4 absolutely sounds great, the leslie effect is fake but I think it's the best I've heard. I've had great success reamping.

The hardware module with drawbars would be useful.

+1 on the NI B4

My opinion is, a real rotating speaker is even more important than a real Hammond. You just have to move air in circles. Nothing else will suffice.

I tried all the simulators and ended up buying a beat up ProMotion rotating horn for $150. Finally, I have what I need.

FWIW I have an old Peavey Spectrum organ which is a B3 ROMpler.

My opinion is, a real rotating speaker is even more important than a real Hammond. You just have to move air in circles. Nothing else will suffice.

I tried all the simulators and ended up buying a beat up ProMotion rotating horn for $150. Finally, I have what I need.

FWIW I have an old Peavey Spectrum organ which is a B3 ROMpler.

Who make the ProMotion unit?????

Who make the ProMotion unit?????

Sorry, I meant Motion Sound:

p23878h-9d4b9e4432830123f68ff6287ede1267.jpg

Back