Any piano players here ever try the FP-90 or the RD-2000?

BTW

I tracked Sunny (in the video) down... He's using the Alicia Keys VST in this video... Dang nice sound...

YouTube

Hey, if you can't even keep a thread polite here that I started, that's fine, I can say what minimum standards I have for a discussion, and if you won't hold people to that, then I'll just leave.

then maybe you should leave. If you can't handle a little adult language then you should try to find another place. Hey I know, go sign up at TheRecordingRebels.com. They are super nice over there and don't swear at all.

And, as a point of reference, this is where the thread was not polite.

And to the other fellow.

You don't sound sorry, you sound like someone who can't control his own mouth. I feel sorry for you and for folks who have to listen to you.

Hey, if you can't even keep a thread polite here that I started, that's fine, I can say what minimum standards I have for a discussion, and if you won't hold people to that, then I'll just leave. You can keep your toilet mouthed moderation at the expense of just being polite.

You may like to set minimum standards for a discussion, but it is not something you can compel unless you own the site. The Terms of Use as set out by the owners determine what is acceptable or not. The ToU includes a section called Behavioural Guidelines which dwells at length on what you can't do, but is otherwise silent on the issue of profanity. Nevertheless, members are expected to (and over recent years in fact do) engage in discussions in a reasonably civil manner.

What is or isn't acceptable varies with the times, and there is no better indication of this than what language is broadcast more widely without comment. More important than the actual words used, though, is how they are used, and in this case, it was used as a simple but apt description, not as an inflammatory aspersion, or for example, a personal attack.

If someone is endeavouring to solve a problem, their best course of action when assessing responses is to focus on the content of a response, not on how that response is framed.

Back