Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any piano players here ever try the FP-90 or the RD-2000?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I generally use Arturia's Piano V or the Sonivox Eighty-Eight with it, and they both go very well together. The Arturia gives me all the fancy three-pedal features the built in Roland sounds have, like progressive sustain, soft pedal, and sustenuto, and the Eighty-Eight has great tone.

Two of the faders on the FP-90 send MIDI, so they also served me a nice replacement for a mod/pitch wheel before I bought a decent fader board.

What digital piano are you using these days?
    Music and photography at whitepianos.blogspot.com

Thanks
    None as yet but I will likely go for the es8 kawai. My recording kit/ methods will need to stay relatively "traditional" as I consider myself virtually computer illiterate .hence no software etc .

Thanks
    Being as I am a hack, rock, "play by ear" keyboard player I find the tiny nuances like a dampening pedal yet along a third pedal never being used by me...

I am flabbergasted though at what some people think is a good piano sound.....having been around the digital keyboard world ever since Ray Kurzweil introduced that amazing k250 back in the early 80's where it has all come to is incredible...freeking $200 casio's can sound pretty dang nice...

So in the case of the OP's original question and asking opinions I was pretty surprised when later on in the thread he's not using the internal sounds but VST's? Shit if they both have the same keybed and one is less expensive than the other and you're using VST's the lesser expensive one is a no brainer ..I think?

I really like the internal sounds and feel of my Yamadog MOX8 but again I'za hack player...

I was really impressed with the "sound" of this dudes piano recording below...he's playing a Casio but I have to assume he is recording a piano VST it sounds most excellent to my hack ear...

Thanks
    Buddy, don't use that kind of language with me.

As for why I bought it, it was for the keybed, not for the sounds, and it's the least expensive version that has that keybed, as it's Roland's flagship key action they put on their most expensive digital grands.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maxman65 View Post
    None as yet but I will likely go for the es8 kawai. My recording kit/ methods will need to stay relatively "traditional" as I consider myself virtually computer illiterate .hence no software etc .
    Yeah you should get along very well with the ES8, I hear a lot of good things about it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inkline View Post
    Sorry, you don't get to tell people what they can and cannot say.

Thanks

Hey sorry man...didn't mean to offend you with using the word shit...I'm just a rough around the edges / old construction worker kind of guy... who happens to love making music...

In your original post you were asking if any piano players had played either of the two so I thought you considering both for the things beyond the keybed...

Certainly if you weren't intending on using the internal sounds the less expensive one would be the obvious choice if the keybeds are identical...kind of curious why you asked the original question if that was your intention...

BTW the..."buddy" thing kind of came off a little condescending but after checking out your blog I kind of get that you're a straight laced type of cat so no worries... Peace
    Last edited by TAE; 05-29-2018 at 13:48.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Sorry, you don't get to tell people what they can and cannot say.
    Hey, if you can't even keep a thread polite here that I started, that's fine, I can say what minimum standards I have for a discussion, and if you won't hold people to that, then I'll just leave. You can keep your toilet mouthed moderation at the expense of just being polite.

---------- Update ----------

And to the other fellow.

You don't sound sorry, you sound like someone who can't control his own mouth. I feel sorry for you and for folks who have to listen to you.

Thanks

And to the other fellow.

You don't sound sorry, you sound like someone who can't control his own mouth. I feel sorry for you and for folks who have to listen to you.

You're a condescending snob........My slate is clean...I apologized... you want to hold onto a resentment it yours to hang onto.

Thanks
    If you want a clean slate, you have to undo what you did, and remove the language, otherwise it's not real TAE. You have an edit button and delete button and a moderator help button.

Thread Information