Alesis Q cards

The short answer is, no not really.

Of all the cards that the QS series use, the ones that came free with the purchase (in the late 90s) was the best one.

Spend the money on blank ram cards for it and roll your own, you'll be better off.

Carl

Krakit said:
The short answer is, no not really.

Of all the cards that the QS series use, the ones that came free with the purchase (in the late 90s) was the best one.

Spend the money on blank ram cards for it and roll your own, you'll be better off.

Carl
I bought this thing new over 6 years ago, don't use it much, play guitar mostly, ram cards? refresh my memory, where can I buy them, how much. I take it they are for storing user programs that have been edited to ones wants? I have exp. in editing digital synths so that should not be that hard. To be loaded at will?

I never really gave that much thought. How much better can the factory presets be edited to get a better voicing than the presets?

I have never worked up a voice from scratch, always started with something I could "work" with. I don't even know how to build one from scratch?

I have never edited this one but have edited korgs, and others. I am familiar with the terminology etc.

PS, i never recieved a free Q card when I bought mine and it was in 1998-99?
I bet they kept it at that rip off artists place.

Thanx for the help

The ram cards are very expensive. They're for storing home made patches or sequences.

There's software out there for editing the QS8 synths or you can muddle through the front panel as well.

Save to the blank card instead of overwriting the internal memory.

Carl

Krakit said:
The ram cards are very expensive. They're for storing home made patches or sequences.

There's software out there for editing the QS8 synths or you can muddle through the front panel as well.

Save to the blank card instead of overwriting the internal memory.

Carl

Is the software easier than the front panel? Do you know the name? Do you have a link?
I hardly use any of the user presets, I don't care if i overwrite most of them.

dragonworks said:
Are the Q cards for the QS8 worth the money?
No and Very expensive. There's one on ebay going for $75 US and the normal price range is $100 US. :D
Good luck, hope they aren't a disappointment that would be a drag.I've had my QS6 since the 90s and never felt that I needed them. :)
Also the "Vintage Synth" card is very rare to find.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=7328381837&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW&tc=photo

http://www4.shopping.com/xGS-Alesis_Q_Cards~NS-1~linkin_id-3055894

Cheer

Back