alesis micron vs microkorg ....???

lolalola

Ok -

this is all new ground for me. I don't play keyboard, I play guitar in a band, but want to do some synth stuff at gigs. Mainly bassline stuff... fat, warm, vintagey.... if ever I want leads, it must just sound vintagey.

I want Farfisa & Moog-y sounds, like these :

YouTube - The Horrors - Who Can Say (2009)
(0:14)

YouTube - Demonstration of the Moog Minimoog

(6:55)

Im reading a lot about the Mickrokorg, the Microkorg XL and the Alesis Micron. Which do I go for? ie - which is the most straightforward, with the inbuilt sounds?
I'm a non-keyboard player, so it's all about which has the SOUND for me over anything.

recently saw a local band using a microkorg, its real analogue and it has some fat sub bass tones.

I just got a Microkorgxl and it sounds amazing. It comes with 128 presets and vocoder, but you can get even more sounds and editing capability if you use a usb cable to hook it up to your computer and download the free editing software from the korg website.

the alesis is a piece of shit. almost every band i see uses a microkorg if there's a synth. i have two of them and can't really explain why. they're awesome.

build some kind of case for it though if you're gigging. they take a beating.

hmmmm, funny....

As an old school cat, I actually like the Alesis unit. Each company has its own vibe - pros & cons. To me Korg & Alesis are apples and oranges.

Despite any of the Micron's weaknesses, it still has some killer sounds - It can be quite Moog-like, albeit not as easily "shape-able" as a real Mini.

Both units are cool.

Back