Alesis Micron or MicroKorg?

Alesis Micron or MicroKorg

• Micron

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • MicroKorg

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
Microkorg.

My friend brought his over, and man, the things you can do on that thing..its just so fun, if nothing else. We recording a synth part into a song i was working on, and it just sounding so awesome. Quality is good, sound is awesome, its lightweight and portable, and you can do a lot with those things. I know my friend loves it to death, and for only playing around with it for a few minutes, i loved it too. Never tried the Micron, but the microkorg(from what ive done with it), is killer.

I would hope its better since its $250 more. Hey, a Triton is even better than all of those.

Baby keys are for babies. :rolleyes: :D

I would have to go with neither. I boycott Alesis products after getting too many crappy ones and bad customer service. Korg makes kickass synths, I own one, but the baby keys is a bad idea.

They both sound good but have really awful programming interfaces...which is why I would actually recommend the Korg MS200 - same engine as the microkorg but with full-size keys and one knob per parameter. Its pretty sweet for what its available for second hand.

:cool:

It seems to me, IMHO, that Alesis, maybe except for Adat, has gone downhill over the past few years. Lots of competition.

Little keys/baby keys/ not for me. Full sized keys are my norm. As for synths, it's a real changing market for the biggies. Korg, Yamaha, and last, but not least, Kurzweil. [sp] There are other synths and maybe some very good ones; but I'm most familiar with those mentioned.

I've read some good stuff on this site about Kurzweil synths/stage pianos. I might go that route for the next one. Been with Yamaha a long time from the DX7 to the Motif. I'm beginning to think that 61 keys is a tad limited; might go for more keys next time.

I had an Alesis SP and sold it after a short time. The LCD was small and if I sat at the wrong angle, I could not read what was on it. What genius designed that feature? I replaced the Alesis SP with a Korg and it is a nice 88Full-Sized keys keyboard. Probably the Kurz and Yamaha models might be a bit better today. Hard to judge unless you put your fingers on the board.

If you're in good with your vendor, you can easily get two keyboards shipped to try. But, then, there is the return shipping costs. Best to take a drive to a vendor if one is close enough and try them "all."

Cheers,
Green Hornet:D

The MicroKorg's Vocoder is way more useable than the Micron's. And it will run on batteries. It's tiny keys, however, aren't a plus.

The Micron uses full-size keys.

Having owned and used both synths, I would say the Micron (apart from the vocoder) blows the doors off the MicroKorg. No comparison.

Back