76 keys or 88 keys?

Gospelkeys

I was thinking about buying either the Motif/Es 76 keys or ES8 (88 keys). I know that 88 keys has the heavy-weight action going on ( giving a real hammer action like grand piano, WHICH I LIKE).

But for my fingers, i feel 76 keys would be more suitable for me personally because I'm more of a KEYBOARDIST, not a PIANIST.. the difference being, that i play for rhythms, organ type playing, etc etc.. Not Bach or Beethoven...or even any modern classical..

MY playing type is gospel (no kidding!), jazzy, pop, latin, R&b... so i feel that 76 keys, which is somewhat light weighted is more suitable for my type of playing.. Because i found, by having a keyboard with 88 keys, with the type of music (A LOT OF RHYTHMS), it takes a toll on the keys which makes them sticky..

what do you all think? I think I should go for the 76 keys...
anyone agree/disagree?

Last edited:
Gospelkeys said:
.. Because i found, by having a keyboard with 88 keys, with the type of music (A LOT OF RHYTHMS), it takes a toll on the keys which makes them sticky..

What? How do you figure the keys get "sticky"? I have a Yamaha S80 (88 weighted key) and I've played all typed of music on it. Funk, Jazz, Rock, etc. Played organ sounds and although I'd prefer synth weighted action for organ stuff, I manage on the Yamaha. The keys aren't becoming "sticky" though - and I've pounded on them for over two years now.

Warren

Last edited:
Back