Yamaha fgx800c saddle problem?

arosemond

I just got a new yamaha fgx800c and i see what might be a bit of excess glue on the saddle. Theres no space and tge guitar is a dream to play, im just wondering if the saddle will start to come off i dont care about the little cosmetic flaw i just want it ti stay together

LOL, I thought you were talking about a motorcycle at first. Extra glue shouldn't hurt anything, but sorry to hear about the poor craftsmanship. You wouldn't expect that from Yamaha. Take a picture of it now and if there is a problem in the future, you have something to help make a warranty claim.

Or, take it back to the store and get another one.

LOL, I thought you were talking about a motorcycle at first. Extra glue shouldn't hurt anything, but sorry to hear about the poor craftsmanship. You wouldn't expect that from Yamaha. Take a picture of it now and if there is a problem in the future, you have something to help make a warranty claim.

Or, take it back to the store and get another one.

I wish i could post a picture but its just a really thin line of what i think is glue

I agree with Chili, you can probably get an exchange either through your retailer or through Yamaha. Might be a pain to do it through the manufacturer, I've never tried that with Yamaha (never had to!). Or you can just take it for what it is, and love the guitar anyways.

I'm a big fan of Yamaha's entry-level and mid-level gear, I think that they're a great company that brings well-engineered and (usually) well-built stuff into the reach of us mere mortals. Sorry to hear that you had a defect on your guitar. I think that they make the best student and entry-level acoustics around.

I agree with Chili, you can probably get an exchange either through your retailer or through Yamaha. Might be a pain to do it through the manufacturer, I've never tried that with Yamaha (never had to!). Or you can just take it for what it is, and love the guitar anyways.

I'm a big fan of Yamaha's entry-level and mid-level gear, I think that they're a great company that brings well-engineered and (usually) well-built stuff into the reach of us mere mortals. Sorry to hear that you had a defect on your guitar. I think that they make the best student and entry-level acoustics around.

Right now the guitar is awesome and new its just that thin line of glue on it makes me wonder whether or not it's gonna break, the cosmetics don't worry me, i maybe overreacting

saddle.jpg
here's the saddle, that thin white line is what im worried about, i wont mind as long as the saddle doesn't pop off with time

Back