worth spending more than $1000 on a guitar?

never spent more thne 50 bucks on mine.

But please see my thread about cusomizing guitars...

I wanna put better pick up's into these bad boys............

guitars.jpg

Quite a few guitars have passed through my hands and I have played nothing that sounds or feels as good as my Gibson SG Gothic or my LP Standard.

That doesn't mean I haven't had some decent cheap guitars, just none of em have been keepers.

Best cheap guitars I have owned were the Washburn X50's.

I play a PRS custom 24, and I have to say it's the best guitar I've ever played - yet owned.

(although it's currently in the pawn shop) =(

I say it's worth the money to pay more for the good name brand gibsons and american made fenders. They hold their value much better than the cheap ass guitars do.
That being said...
I would buy a used gibson or fender. You should be able to shop around for a good buy and then recoup your money...or even turn a profit...when you get ready to move it on down the line.

You get that benefit plus you will be playing a better quality instrument.

my 2 cents

After thinking it over, I realized that 90% of the guitars I have owned have been crap.

Cheap crap. I hate 'em. I pretended they were OK when I couldn't afford anything else, but they were cheap crap, and no amount of tinkering or modifying or setting up or replacing hardware made them anything else.

I'll keep playing my Gibsons. If you don't think they're worth what I paid for them, then very likely you're happy with your you-know-what.

I"ll grant you this is Australian $ but most of my guitars cost > $1K no probs..

Maton CW 80 acoustic $1800
Maton Messiah acuostic $4000ish
PRS Custom 22 $4300 from memory
Gibson Les Paul $2000 secondhand mates rates from friend 3 years ago
Levinson Blade R1 $1800 abt 20 years ago
Ibanez RG something $1000 abt 10 years ago
Burns Bison $900 25 years ago...

Everything is soooo damn expensive here... burns me up to read the prices you people all pay... Envy!

Back