Why to opt for playing, why not singing???

Ruhi Sheikh

Hello friends,

How many of you feel yourself more comfortable in playing the instruments rather than singing. And what's there that makes you more bestowed in playing the instruments and not pursuing a singing career. Do post your replies here.

Ruhi Sheikh
Music Reviewer
freedownloadsongs.in

In every band I ever had, I was always just the singer. I never played guitar, mostly because I find it difficult to sing and play at the same time. Also because I've been lucky to play alongside amazing guitarists. And most of all, I ran along the stage like a madman during gigs (when there was a stage:D) But I love to play guitar and I love guitars, so homerecording gave me the chance to do both. You just have to do what you think you can do best.

Joe

Spend some time in the MP3 clinic, and the answer to your question will become obvious, as regards many of us (certainly me :D)

New user, single post, with a link to an Indian file download site in his post.

Yep, spam. :D

That said, it's kind of an interesting question, so I'll pretend he's actually legit. For me, it's sort of a confidence thing. I'm not really a natural showman - in my personal life I'm pretty chill, even-keeled, and laid back, and I don't go out of my way to be the center of attention. Quite the reverse - I'm at my happiest in a small group context where I can chill and insert the occasional humourous quip or observation.

So, it should come as no surprise that the idea of being the lead singer really doesn't have much appeal to me.

However, what I guess is a little surprising is the fact that being the lead guitarist, on the other hand, IS something that holds a lot of appeal to me. Something about the act of holding a guitar and expressing a musical vision through the filter of a chunk of wood and metal just gives me just enough distance so that I feel perfectly in my element. I'd be terrified to get up on stage with just a mic and sing; I LOVE to get up on stage with a guitar and play. I live for that feeling.

So, an instrument I guess provides me just enough of a context to lose myself into and really explore a musical pallate, I guess. It's not even a question of not being the "focus" of a performance - I write instrumental music where the guitar IS the focus. It's just something about the act of making music on an instrument really appeals to me.

Back