Whats your guitar/amp setup?

Not exactly cheap, but...

I use a Demeter Silent Speaker Chamber and Marshall SuperLead Plexi 100 (running at 50 watts via 2 EL-34s) with a Marshall Power Brake in between. Shure SM-57 inside the Demeter miking an Emenence 12-inch loudspeaker.

I've trashed the POD for what it can't do in plenty of posts here.
But Purple Tortoise:
Remember what it <can> do.
And remember that it only costs $3 billskis. And can be carried in a back-pack.

<your not going to use those POD toys if your <a real artist.?

Maybe you can't make any music with it.
Maybe you're not a real artist.

REAL ARTISTS continue to experiment, be it guitar players, keyboard players, or any other musician. If they didn't we'd all still be in the dark ages, as some of us seem to be.

Not all musicians move with the times and try new techniques and styles and fade away or become extinct...I am yet to hear any release that is strictly done with one setup.

I have known alot of musicians that just can't or won't try to expand their knowledge
and they still play and sound the same as they did 20 years ago. Sorry about their luck!!!

Kid the best setup for the buck is what sounds good to you and is different for the
next guy. To me, anything and a Matchless sounds great for just a guitar amp rig. But that alone leaves no money for effects or a great guitar...

Okay,okay I'm going to order a POD right now! I'm happy to see that my ignorance and hostility evoked such passionate response. It's awesome!! Everyone made good points in the POD defense (except for the 311 comment). Go digital amp modeling! Die tubes! Modern technology rules! Yippeee!

Oh, and Monty, settle your ass down! bitch! I think your language towards me was uncalled for. I admit my post was a little on the cocky side, but that's what happens when I've had a few Heinekens and I get on the net, sorry....

Just don't be callin' me bitch. Maybe asshole, or dick head, but not bitch.

[This message has been edited by monty (edited 03-14-2000).]

I don't like 311 either, but I did read that somewhere. Sorry to hurt the POD's rep by mentioning 311.
MIKE

DMC - you made it to Austin ! Lucky dawg....gibs

(oops, sorry to get off subject of gits n amps...)

Purple...
I'm glad to see that you're gonna give the POD a chance. You won't be disappointed.

Monty...
I'll make sure to let you know when the CD comes out. Hell, I'll be posting it all over this website and shoutin' it from the highest mountain!
I sure would hate to be stuck with 1,000 stylish drink-coasters!!!

Guitar kid,
I've got you beat with the best guitar amp combo for your $1,500 cash limit. My main set up is a 1963 Gibson ES-125TDC with two P-90's and a bigsby( traded a guy a re-issue strat that I payed $375 for) And I play it through an anolog delay pedal ($80) and an all original 1954 tweed Fender Deluxe ($1,000). Way Kool......

I play a purdy black Gretsch DuoJet '57 reissue through an all tube Carvin half stack. Not quite under 1500 bucks ;) but a rather sweet setup. At home I usually just play my Seagull S6+ Folk six string (with electronics).

American standard strat $500.00 Hot Rod Deville 410 $700.00 no crap in the loop!
Actually, my main axe is a deluxe strat plus
but, the sound differances are subtle.This rig kicks some major ass! I play no effects just plug into the amp, When I'm on stage next to someone who is playing with a processed cheese sounding rig (oh there are so many)this rig really shines. Regarding the POD ( sorry)There are many country players using them in the studio and live.I'm not a huge country fan but I don't slam any music.
Music as a whole is a beautiful thing!!
If you hear any pop country on the radio like at work or something you will notice a little more gain in thier solos...POD There is a famous country session guy that has played on alot of country hits who swears by the pod.There was an artical in one of the guitar magz about him and all the songs a while ago.
If anyone really wants his name I will find it.

Did someone say POD!
Oh POD POD POD POD POD POD POD PODPOD DODOODDOODPOPDODPODPDODPODPOPDPDO!
Check it I got a Ltd (ESP) h series seven string for $240.00 at Mars and it had a dimarzio pick up instaled. Then Ya I have "THE POD" thats was used for $235.00. and i have a Fender Princeton 112+ that was $250.00
total $725.00

and it smokes that GUitar KiDs setup.

Oh did I say "POD POD POD"!

Back