Whats a good price for a G & L S500?

bobbo

I was in the local music store and they stock G&L guitars. They have S-500's for $800, and assat jrs (I think thats what they were) for the same I believe). I can't seem to find any online stores that sell them to comparison shop. Would you think that these are good prices?
Thanks
bobbo

That's about right. I actually was in a discussion about a similar G&L today in a music store. My friend was saying to the clerk, "come on, that guitar's been here for over a year, sell it to me for $700!" And the clerk looked it up and said "with my discount, I can only get it for $780" So that was pretty much the end of that discussion.

Well, I think 800 is a more than fair price. If it is the upgraded finsih, like blonde or butterscoth or the other ones on their website, the dealer cost, if they order more than 10 of them, is 700. Less than 10 is 750. So, if it is a small store, good price.
The non-upgraded finishes are 650 or 700 depending on quantity. If there are other options, like tweed case, neck change or gunoil rubbed on neck, the price goes up. I work at a G&L Dealer and got mine for just under 8. So, I think you would be doing fine.

MIKE

Back