What kind of amps did the Stones use on: "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" ?

timmerman

-------------------------
Thinking about the rhythm parts at the beginnings of:

# If You Can't Rock Me
# Ain't too Proud to Beg
# Luxury
# Dance Little Sister

Are they Mesa's or Marshall's?

and what about Mick Taylor's solos? Does he use a Marshall or.....? Then there are these bright riffs like the one in "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" is that a Marshall as well?

I can hear some traces of a Fender on "Time Waits for Noone" thinking here of the rhythm one...........hey which rhythm one do you mean? :D as there are so many little parts!

On "Fingerprint File" the main rhythm one, is that a Fender too? No not the wah part guitar, guess that may be Marshall again, or is it just another Fender but a different type of Fender.

Cheers,

Eddie

Well, here is Keith's take on Honky Tonk Women, for some perspective.

"It was a great amp on that... I really can't honestly say what it was, but the guitar was probably a Telecaster, maybe a Les Paul Jr."

- Keith Richards, 1989

boingoman said:
Well, here is Keith's take on Honky Tonk Women, for some perspective.

"It was a great amp on that... I really can't honestly say what it was, but the guitar was probably a Telecaster, maybe a Les Paul Jr."

- Keith Richards, 1989

Okay okay I really like this, here we go like: "What would they have used during those days.............." and here is a guy who cannot even remember what he used. Heh is it that important? Isn't is all about the song? Oh forget the singer for the time being :D

Okay I was not aware of the Stones using Ampeg amps, in fact I do not know much about Ampegs, but that may just be my own lack of knowledge here :(

Cheers,

Eddie

timmerman said:
Okay okay I really like this, here we go like: "What would they have used during those days.............." and here is a guy who cannot even remember what he used. Heh is it that important? Isn't is all about the song? Oh forget the singer for the time being :D

Okay I was not aware of the Stones using Ampeg amps, in fact I do not know much about Ampegs, but that may just be my own lack of knowledge here :(

Cheers,

Eddie

ampeg V4s and VT22s kick ever lovin ass. :)

Back