watch out for these guys

My Ebay story might help. Years back, it was time to get a bass guitar. I wanted it to match my 6 string guitar of the same brand. A Standard Stratocaster made in USA in wine. That meant the Jazz bass needed to be made in the USA and same color. On Ebay I found a model that 'looked' very close and was labelled the correct color. He wpould not release the serial number info. It was blurred in the pics also. Due to lighting and camera variance I asked the seller to simply verify on the Fender website that it was the correct color. I was told it was verified.

On arrival the bass was not midnight wine. It did not match. It was thousands.

I complained , no returns. He did not see what the big problem was..I started a case with ebay.

After a extended period of time and a repeal, the case was found in the sellers favor. He "explained the item to the best of his abilities".

It was the wrong COLOR! CRIMSON! What the hell is Crimson, it's a crime son, to misdirect.

iLuvIt.jpg

Last edited:
My Ebay story might help. Years back, it was time to get a bass guitar. I wanted it to match my 6 string guitar of the same brand. A Standard Stratocaster made in USA in wine. That meant the Jazz bass needed to be made in the USA and same color. On Ebay I found a model that 'looked' very close and was labelled the correct color. He wpould not release the serial number info. It was blurred in the pics also. Due to lighting and camera variance I asked the seller to simply verify on the Fender website that it was the correct color. I was told it was verified.

On arrival the bass was not midnight wine. It did not match. It was thousands.

I complained , no returns. He did not see what the big problem was..I started a case with ebay.

After a extended period of time and a repeal, the case was found in the sellers favor. He "explained the item to the best of his abilities".

It was the wrong COLOR! CRIMSON! What the hell is Crimson, it's a crime son, to misdirect.

View attachment 105870

People are the worst. Love that bass though, I want to trade my american 83 standard jazz 4 for an american standard jazz 5 string. I don't think I could get that many takers on it though and I can already feel the tire kickers pissing me off. haha

Fender basses are the best though. So good.

ebay is only good for cheap stuff...watch out..

I don't even really mess with ebay at all. I've had good experiences with reverb so I just stick with that for now. I mostly try to deal through craigslist when I can because face to face is the best.

Back