Want to comment on guitar sound?

First of all, there is an MP3 section on this board. Second, it sounds like the hi-fi version isn't very hi-fi. Might wanna fix that because it sounded like shit and I can't tell if the guitar is any good.

Okay...

I clicked on the Hi-Fi link but it sounds like a bad Lo-Fi...

The level is really low...

As for the guitars, since the bottom end is virtually nonextistent, it's hard to tell. I believe I'd start all over on the mix...

yeah, there is too much high end on the guitars i suppose, and not really enough bass guitar. It is an mp3 at 128K though! And does the level really matter? not in this case! I asked about the guitar sound.
Cheers 4 comments anyway. yip.

The drums sound horrible! Seriously! I don't know what's going on with them, but I've heard better drum sounds with just a mackie, one mic, and no eq. The guitars sound terribly scooped, all I hear is high end fizz and a bunch of bass. You should probably just start over again. I don't want to discourage you, but that recording has some major problems and it would be easier to just re-track everything than to try and fix it. Just learn from your mistakes and try again. Everyone sucks when they first start recording. It takes practice.

Back