Tuning Keys question/Help

elenore19

Slowing becoming un-noob.
I'm looking into upgrading my tuning keys because the stock keys on my guitar just aren't cutting it for me. They aren't precise enough and one of them is halfway broken. But anyways, what would you guys recommend for a ratio on the tuning keys? I was looking at 21:1 because I figure the higher the ratio the better the keys will be or something. Anyone have any thoughts on that? Here are the keys I'm looking into.

http://www.allparts.com/categories.php?cat_id=461&cat_name=3 x 3 TUNING KEYS

Look at the ones with the ID TK_7262-010

My guitar is an ESP LTD F-100FM if you need to know.

Thanks for the help

Looks like a killer set of keys. Only thing you'll want to check on is if you'll have to modify your peg holes or screws to allot for a different size/configuration.

timthetortoise said:
Looks like a killer set of keys. Only thing you'll want to check on is if you'll have to modify your peg holes or screws to allot for a different size/configuration.
How would I go about checking that?

Hm, can't seem to find dimension info on them. You may want to contact Allparts or some other distributor directly and get the dimensions and compare them, or ask if they will work as a direct replacement.

Those are Gotoh 510s. They are the best gear on the market, without question, and by a significant margin. A bit on the expensive side, but absolutely worth the money. They are the only gears I use.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

timthetortoise said:
Hm, can't seem to find dimension info on them. You may want to contact Allparts or some other distributor directly and get the dimensions and compare them, or ask if they will work as a direct replacement.

They fit the same sized holes as Schallers or Grovers. If you guitar has a bushing which screws into the body of the machine, the holes are right. From the pictures I just saw, they should fit.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Back