Which tube powers tremolo in 65' Twin Reverb Reissue?

thehymns

The tremolo in my Twin Reverb went out and I wanted to know which tube drove it, it doesn't mention anything in the manual. It has four 12AX7s and two 12AT7s and I swapped out the two 12AT7s, but it didn't make a difference. Help!

thehymns said:
The tremolo in my Twin Reverb went out and I wanted to know which tube drove it, it doesn't mention anything in the manual. It has four 12AX7s and two 12AT7s and I swapped out the two 12AT7s, but it didn't make a difference. Help!

Just because the trem went out doesn't mean it was a tube. But ya, the trem in those is a 12AT7 if I recall.

Just looked at a schematic. The 12AT7's are spoken for. One is the reverb driver the other is the phase inverter. The trem is controlled by one of the 12AX7's, but again, the tube may not be the issue at all.

thehymns said:

http://www.kbapps.com/audio/schematics/tubeamps/fender/Default.htm

You should be able to find the schematic and layout in there, but in my experience what takes out the reverb on a Fender amp is usually a failure in the tank circuit or the footswitch.

Unplug the footswitch first and see if that fixes it; the switch circuit defaults to "on" if there is no switch connected. Next, replace the cables to and from the tank; a regular set of stereo patch cables will do it (make sure you don't swap input and output). If that doesn't fix the prob, the tank is probably bad, but that's no big deal. Tanks are cheap and easy to replace.

Back