Is there a billboard for stolen gear?

TheRockDoc

in another board, a guy said that he had reclaimed a guitar that he posted for about 9 months... and it gave me hope.

Other than posting on every board on the internet, is there a something like 'America's Most Wanted' for guitars?

i feel your pain. they took my land, my food, my women, my peace pipe herb, and my guitar. left engine joe up the creek with no paddle. what did the devil steal from you?

Bummer :mad: What was it? Heres what I'd do...............

1) Did you file a police report? Sometimes during an arrest the police will recover room fulls of stolen goods but you'll never recover it if your item is not listed with them.

2) Local pawn shops: I'd try going through the yellow pages and calling every pawn shop within a reasonable radius to requet thier email adress. Once you've built a list you can prepair a single email with a discription and pic of the guitar (or one like it) and mass email them all at once.

3) Ebay: Although anyone would have to be crazy to list anything stolen on Ebay,thats not to say it wont eventually turn up second or third hand. Heres a nifty link for a free search tool that will automatically email you everytime a new auction with your items discription is listed: auctionflunky.coom

good luck

stolen guitar ?

i think i have a stolen guitar ........ other than word of mouth i dont know what to do ??? i would love to return it to the rightfull owner .... i bought it late 80's early 90's from a known low life ... the entire thing was painted w/ a crazy sloppy paint job ... i thought it was a cheap guitar that played realy great ....... years later i decided to strip off all the paint and do something w/ it ... it was then i realized it was a martin e-18 ..... w/ the serial # sanded off .... i restored it to it's original condition ..... hopefully someday i can return it to where it belongs ..... there was some painting on the case odviously not by the person that painted the guitar ... if i can find the person that can describe the painting on the case ... then i will have found the owner ...... ?? i think ???? :confused:

NRS said:

2) Local pawn shops: I'd try going through the yellow pages and calling every pawn shop within a reasonable radius to requet thier email adress. Once you've built a list you can prepair a single email with a discription and pic of the guitar (or one like it) and mass email them all at once.

Good luck with that one. It's not in the best self-interest of a pawn shop to help you, since for any stolen goods they return, they are out the money they gave whoever pawned the item.

dave..... said:
i think i have a stolen guitar ........ other than word of mouth i dont know what to do ??? i would love to return it to the rightfull owner .... i bought it late 80's early 90's from a known low life ... the entire thing was painted w/ a crazy sloppy paint job ... i thought it was a cheap guitar that played realy great ....... years later i decided to strip off all the paint and do something w/ it ... it was then i realized it was a martin e-18 ..... w/ the serial # sanded off .... i restored it to it's original condition ..... hopefully someday i can return it to where it belongs ..... there was some painting on the case odviously not by the person that painted the guitar ... if i can find the person that can describe the painting on the case ... then i will have found the owner ...... ?? i think ???? :confused:

You may want to post it on the stolen guitars page of the UMGF (Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum).

ggunn said:
Good luck with that one. It's not in the best self-interest of a pawn shop to help you, since for any stolen goods they return, they are out the money they gave whoever pawned the item.

Some may rather lose the money than face prosecution.

pezking said:
Some may rather lose the money than face prosecution.

Prosecution for what? I guess if you sent them all registered letters which you could prove that they got, and then went into one of them and saw your guitar (or whatever) on display, then you could get that shop for knowingly handling stolen goods, but you might as well just go look in person as do all that.

My point was (and my opinion is) that if you are depending on pawn shop owners going out of their way to help you find a stolen item, you are being somewhat naive.

NRS said:

1) Did you file a police report?
2) Local pawn shops:
3) Ebay

This happened a very long time ago (1992/3) but with more and more people on line, and a few who have said they actually have had ones recovered, I continually hope that they'll resurface.

One was a blue 1984 Fernandes Revival- they didn't record serial #'s, at least on the surface, but distinct features were Sperzels, Duncan's and the maple neck completely stripped of varnish- just naked wood. They also, at that time, said FFRNANDES (actual imports, no doubt)

One was a USA BC Rich Strat- purple/pink flip flop color. Stock. distinct feature, Autographed by Tony McAlpine (silver pen/marker)

Also taken, Roadln Cube 60 keyboard amo

Home was ripped off from 131 Garrison Road in Marietta, GA. it had to be kids- they didn't even take cash or jewelry

Let me tell you what the police did- N-O-T-H-I-N-G. Had the police report but they refused to take fingerprints of the house, and never returned phone calls...

Back