Tab Creators

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
Gents,

Starting a new band and need to tab out some of my songs.

Know of a decent tab creator? I've tried one online and it seems pretty slow and cumbersome, particularly for repeating patterns of chords.

Anyone know of anything quicker than just using notepad?

Cheers,

I'll give a couple of them a go over the weekend.

None of you have tried any good ones have you?

Some of them have some weirdo bits in them and I want to just give him a job lot so he can learn them quickly without having to work them out (he's mainly a drummer).

Some of them have some weirdo bits in them and I want to just give him a job lot so he can learn them quickly without having to work them out (he's mainly a drummer).

I see. I'm not criticizing, I'm just curious about how this is a learning tool. I come from an era where we had to learn by ear, or know how to read music. I can't read music, so I developed a pretty good ear. Tabs came along later and I never bothered with them. I guess my point is if this potential new guy is gonna play your songs, he has to listen to them anyway to know where this happens and that happens, so it's like playing cover songs for him. If he's good or interested, it should be no problem.

I see. I'm not criticizing, I'm just curious about how this is a learning tool. I come from an era where we had to learn by ear, or know how to read music. I can't read music, so I developed a pretty good ear. Tabs came along later and I never bothered with them. I guess my point is if this potential new guy is gonna play your songs, he has to listen to them anyway to know where this happens and that happens, so it's like playing cover songs for him. If he's good or interested, it should be no problem.

He's mate from work; we're going to play together. It just helps to have the tabs if you want to learn a lot of songs quickly. So you don't have to both work them out and get familiar with them - you just have to get familiar with them. You have more to work with then when you start playing together. The songs will evolve as we play them anyway.

Aside from some of the very old ones, I've not played any of them live before anyway.

Back