Sweet Child O Mine guitar solo cover

rimrim

Hi , I'm new... it's nice to know this forums.
This is my first try after 1 year of not playing guitar... , I've learned a lot from this piece in terms of theory, specially mixolydian mode and harmonic minor scale...
I actually didn't use any hardware guitar amp, effects,... just my guitar plugging into a sound interface (M-audio) and then to the computer softwares: cubase and guitar rig, that's it. Any suggestions on my recording or playing would be appreciated..

youtube.com/watch?v=c3E-vJMA1ts

Oops, I can't post the link due to the forums rules, I'll try to satisfy that, but in the mean time you can paste the above link to your browser.
cheers

Last edited:
Very good. Keep it up and who knows...someday?? I have to say though, I hate seeing you people with your long slender finger playing the guitar so well. :guitar: I have short stubby finger that I am at constant war with. Again good job.

You have the mechanics of the solo down ok but your playing is very robotic. You need to work on adding feeling and dynamics to your playing. It's almost impossible to get any feel/dynamics from a stale sounding amp sim. The best thing that you could do for your playing is to get a decent sounding tube amp.

You're doing fine where you are right now. Keep listening to the solo and keep practicing it, even if it bores you. Same with other solos. And make sure you are practicing rhythm chording and timing, though not as fun (at first) as soloing.

thanks everyone, actually, I had a valve Amp to monitor the sound recorded... (it's a VOX AC4TV, which is really a good choice for home recording I think...), I used to have many gears but they are not with me now because I'm oversea, by the way, I'll try with the sims only for some next recordings to see how far can they go...

@ido1957: thank you for embedding the clip for me

Back