Strymon Iridium demo- "The Travel Song"

GONZO-X

YouTube

"Travel Song"
custom strat with Wilde L500 bridge pickup.
pushed a bit with a Fulltone Fatboost III set for slightly higher than unity gain,
and drive set for a bit of crunch. idea is, using the marshall model as a 'pedal platform', but pushing it into hot rod territory with just a bit of boost.

into Iridium, set for Punch model, gain at 3:30,
bass mids and treble at noon, large room set at about 9:00.

using the ownhammer OH 412 MRBW M75-GNR BROWN-00 stereo IR, into a RME Babyface Pro interface set with flat eq.

2 guitar tracks, 1 rhythm, 1 solo.

2 acoustic guitar tracks, mixed in and out in a few places.

Last edited:
I THOUGHT There would be a lot more enthusiasm about this thing,
for folks who can't crank up a good guitar rig to record with.

I had posted your other Strymon demo song on another forum as an example. There was some discussion about the Line 6 HD 500x. The OP mentioned ease of use as an issue.

One of the other users just got a Strymon, and posted a video. Another member commented "what is it? sounds like he's just playing through an amp?" That, to me, says it works pretty well.

I had posted your other Strymon demo song on another forum as an example. There was some discussion about the Line 6 HD 500x. The OP mentioned ease of use as an issue.

One of the other users just got a Strymon, and posted a video. Another member commented "what is it? sounds like he's just playing through an amp?" That, to me, says it works pretty well.

yea, it's pretty dialed in.

I THOUGHT There would be a lot more enthusiasm about this thing,
for folks who can't crank up a good guitar rig to record with.

You're better off talking about it on TGP...they've beaten that topic to death...but then, TGP is mostly a guitar/amp/pedal driven website.

You're better off talking about it on TGP...they've beaten that topic to death...but then, TGP is mostly a guitar/amp/pedal driven website.
nah,
those guys are so boring over there.
they don't listen.
just blah blah blah blah.....etc, ad naseum, repeat, wash rinse repeat...

Back