Silly Little Thing BUT...

rayc

retroreprobate
I recently bought a Vox AmPlug AC30 because it was on special & VERY cheap. I did this as I was driving my wife nuts playing guitar in the living room.
It's a bit noisey & the gain has to be up for any sound to pass through. The tone gets very hissy as the treble goes up & it does get loud.
I can't really get a clean tone out of it but I guess that means it's marketted at a select group of kids.
The better the headphones the better it gets too.
For a lark I plugged it into my bass - it's MUCH better at bass than guitar. It needed a little more volume for the tone to be cleaner (odd eh?) but is really very nice with the option of adding some crunchy bits via the gain boost.
I've not tried to use it with a recording or amp - doesn't seem that's the go though I suppose I'll try it at some stage.
Anyone else played about with this toy?

I recently bought a Vox AmPlug AC30 because it was on special & VERY cheap. I did this as I was driving my wife nuts playing guitar in the living room.
It's a bit noisey & the gain has to be up for any sound to pass through. The tone gets very hissy as the treble goes up & it does get loud.
I can't really get a clean tone out of it but I guess that means it's marketted at a select group of kids.
The better the headphones the better it gets too.
For a lark I plugged it into my bass - it's MUCH better at bass than guitar. It needed a little more volume for the tone to be cleaner (odd eh?) but is really very nice with the option of adding some crunchy bits via the gain boost.
I've not tried to use it with a recording or amp - doesn't seem that's the go though I suppose I'll try it at some stage.
Anyone else played about with this toy?
I have one of these:

Attachments

• lg_lead_slant.jpg
    lg_lead_slant.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 65
Headphone audio only it was it was made for - though your can run a line out of the headphone socket to an amp and also use the aux in to run an MP3 player throught it to jam along to.
How does yours sound Gerry? Does it do what it ought as far as you're concerned?
Moresound, I'll swap you!

Headphone audio only it was it was made for - though your can run a line out of the headphone socket to an amp and also use the aux in to run an MP3 player throught it to jam along to.
How does yours sound Gerry? Does it do what it ought as far as you're concerned?
Moresound, I'll swap you!

:D :thumbs up:

"As a note, you MUST be using either headphones or an auxiliary speaker... the AmPlug does not have its own speaker so if you don't plug it into one of those, it will not produce any sound."

Never played with it. But this is something new for me that the bass sounds better than guitar on this small toy. Thanks for sharing!:)

Back