Seymour Duncan "Invader" pickup

Mr. Moon

Force of Naked
I want to get a heavier sounding bridge pickup for my 7-string guitar and several resources have pointed me toward the Seymour Duncan "Invader" 7-string bridge pickup.

Does anyone have any opinions about this pickup? How does it compare to the Dimarzio "Blaze 7" pickups?

(*Note: I want to remain in the "passive" realm and *not* go to an active pickup...)

Thanks!!

-mr. moon

Invader purchased!!

Update: I went ahead and picked up (pun intended) one of the SD Invaders for my 7-string Ibanez that will be used mainly for metal and/or hard rock tunes.

This thing ROCKS!!! I think it's the hottest non-active pickup that I've ever heard in my life!! It has a really tight, but deep-sounding, low end growl that the original stock Ibanez pickups and replacement Dimarzio Blaze pickups couldn't match. Very nice smooth high-ends as well, ...enough midrange to cover the bases, but not as overpowering as the SD super distortion that I have in my one of my 6-string guitars.

I highly recommend this pickup for all the hard rock and/or metal-head guitarists out there!!

-mr moon

I have had a SD Invader in my custom made strat for 9 years! For metal/hard rock, they rock hard!

Yes, they really ARE the hottest output passive pickup I have ever heard. When I bought it, me and my buddy at the shop I was buying it at compared it to about 20 other pickups. It smoked em' all in output level!

I agree with your description of the tone is provides, and agree that if you are doing metal/hard rock, this is the pickup for you!

Ed

what do you guys match it with for theneck pickup?? what would you suggest for a neck pickup to complement it is what im asking

Back