Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seagull or Garrison Guitar

Thanks

Seagull or Garrison Guitar

Sign in to disable this ad
    Has anyone used either of these brand of guitar? What are your opinions?

Thank you,

BB

Thanks

Thumbs up

Seagull is a great guitar for the money.

I've never tried a Garrison guitar.

Thanks
    I have *played* neither brand, but Garrison is an interesting company. I got interested in finding an acoustic guitar with the Buzz Feiten tuning system, and came across this brand. All of their guitars are made with a weird design: all of the bracing, kerfing, binding, bridgeplate, etc. is a single piece of "projection molded" glass fibre. The company says it makes the "whole guitar resonate" more efficiently. They did win a Golden Axe award from Harmony Central (if that means anything), and just about every model has the BF tuning (if you're into that--I'm still not convinced myself).

I guess the only downsides are that since most of the tough work is taken care of in molding, then the guitar is essentially made by robots and not real people; also, the guitar is not all wood. Of course, Ovation still has a good reputation with a lot of people, and their guitar bodies are mostly fiberglass.

On the good side, they have a lot of extras, a catchy gimmick, and are very reasonably priced. They are also made in Canada, so production standards I assume are pretty high (having played with Godin guitars now and then).

Like I said, though, I haven't played them. Playing a guitar is the best bet. I never buy a guitar before I play it.

Just my two cents...and by the way, the Garrison website is here if you haven't been to it already:

http://www.garrisonguitars.com

Thanks
    I don't know anything about the Garrison guitar, but I own 2 Seagulls. Around here anyways there just wasn't anything else in the price range that could compare to them. There were other guitars that played OK, but the Seagull blew them all away in the tone dept. I also found a budget model Alvarez that wasn't too bad. What's your price range? I have a friend who has a Tacomah that is outstanding for $500 - $600.

Twist
    Twist

Thanks

Smile Seagull guitar

My price range is $400-500. I have only played the Seagull. I played the Artist Mosaic A/E. It sounded awesome with or without the Roland AC60 amp.

Thanks
    Own a Seagull Plus Spruce six string acoustic, and I love it. It was only around 350.00 new five years ago, so about 400 now. Made in Quebec, the necks of Fenders I think were supplied by this guy, and he started making his own electrics and acoustics. Acoustics also known as Simon and Patrick, Art and Lutherie, I think he bought the Norman company also. Good quality at a lower price. Also, Godin is the owner of the company. His electrics are fantastic also.

Salmon

Thanks
    I have been searching for a new acoustic for months and until I found the Seagull Artist Studio, I thought my search was in vain -- and I was demoing $3,000 guitars. None of them grabbed me until I played the Seagull. Unfortunately, the one I was playing had just been sold, so now I'm on the hunt to find another.

Apparently they can be hard to come by.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon
    Own a Seagull Plus Spruce six string acoustic, and I love it. It was only around 350.00 new five years ago, so about 400 now. Made in Quebec, the necks of Fenders I think were supplied by this guy, and he started making his own electrics and acoustics. Acoustics also known as Simon and Patrick, Art and Lutherie, I think he bought the Norman company also. Good quality at a lower price. Also, Godin is the owner of the company. His electrics are fantastic also.

Salmon
    I love my S6+Spruce, also. I compared a wall of acoustics, not looking at the price tags and picked my favorate. When I saw it was $400 with a hardshell, I about shit. It also records very nicely.

Thanks
    I'd go with the Seagull.

But those Korean-made Breedlove acoustic's are really sweet!
    Cats land on their feet. Toast lands jellyside down.

A cat glued to some jelly toast will hover in quantum indecision.

Thanks
    A couple of Christmas's ago, I bought each of my two sons a new Norman B20 (also made by Godin Guitars and is exactly the same as the Seagull S6 except for the shape of the headstock). Great guitar for the money, and reputed as such in most guitar forums.

Thread Information