SansAmp GT-2

SevenSamurai

Okay, okay -- I know the Pod 6 is THE amp emulater lately, but after looking around I've discovered one of the next best for cheap is the GT-2. I'm not here to debate that, because I would be the first to agree that the Pod 6 runs laps around the GT-2 -- HOWEVER; I'm wondering if anyone has the SansAmp GT2, if they're happy with it, and if they'd be willing to share any good settings.

Thanks. :-)

~Dakota Goldsworth

I'm using the GT-2 for direct recording. It gives good results with a nice preamp. What you hear may not be what you get but with a bit of EQ, you'll get the sound you want. I don't have my favourite settings with me but play around with it. It has so much nice options to play with. This is life before the POD jump up on us.

Before you go out to get the GT-2, I've heard good things about the new Korg AX1000G. It's a digital modeller with stompbox and speaker/cabinet emulation. I've heard it'll give results on par with the GT-2. If that's the case, take the Korg as it'll give you all the sounds....

I have had the GT-2 now for about 6 months. I got it because I have a Digitech RP-10 and I was lacking the "tube" sound. If it wern't for the distortion and reverb on the RP-10 I would of boxed it up and only use the GT-2. I have been amazed by this little box. Since I use the RP-10 I set up the GT-2 to be clean with no overdrive. I only use the Tweed setting and I bump up the Drive as much as I can WITHOUT it distorting. So basicly, I run the RP-10 thru the GT-2 which is set as "clean" with as much "tube" as I can get out of it, and that is ran to a solid state amp. I have used it to record onto tape thru my drum machine and it sounds great. I've read that the guys in the Steve Miller Band use SansAmp boxes. Oh BTW, I mainly play blues music so I keep it thick and tubed to the max, with a touch of distortion (in the RP-10.) I hope this is useful.

Thanks dabluesman, that does give me some ideas. Albeit, I don't play blues (more like grungy industrial verging on metal), but it still forces me to start thinking beyond just the pedal itself. Not having the best time so far with it (I swore I wouldn't complain about the GT2's inability to "save" it's settings, but I'll be darned if I didn't have a cool sound and foolishly kept messing around without writing it down), but things are coming along.

~Dakota Goldsworth

I totaly agree, if you want good distortion for grunge or heavy metal this stomp box wont cut it. Eventhough they advertise Metallica sounds and such. I would recommend you purchase an Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer Effects Pedal and run it to the input on the GT-2. You would need to set up the GT-2 for a clean tube sound and let the TS9DX do the distortion, just like the same way I use my RP-10.

Back