Sans Amp Bass Driver DI

RussP

I resently Purchased the Tech 21 Bass Driver
for studio and home recording. I had to pinch
my self to make sure I wasn't dreaming.
This little box has the most amazing pallet
of sounds and sends a clean hot signal to the
board. After 25 years of playing and recording I finally found the tool to insure
clean,crisp,great sounding Bass tracks.
I also heard it works for acoustic guitars?

I'm in headphone heaven
Russ p

Howdy Bill;

I put the Bass Driver in front of my Trace
Amp and was blown away at how it took a good
sounding amp and turned it into a Great
sounding amp. I would sugest any bass player
try this little box of wonder before they
pop for a new amp. I bet it would even make
a Peavey sound good!

See Ya
RussP

Thanks for the info Russ!!! I've heard some good things about that little baby. I'm probably gobnna be hiring a bass and DI box next month sometime (I'm a guitarist wanting to record a series of bass tracks for some stuff I'm recording) and so was probably gonna try and hire a Sans Amp DI to save farting around with amps/mics etc. Looks like that's the way to go.

ABSOLUTELY. AWESOME PIECE. I USE IT LIVE AND IN THE STUDIO.EVERY BASS PLAYER AND STUDIO SHOULD HAVE ONE.

BILL

I like mine. Some cool sounds can be had. In addition to bass this little box can make some pretty fat guitar sounds....and it can make an acoustic sound *different*, but not neccessarily good.

The price tag is a bit high though, and since I bought the POD I'm thinking of giving up on the Sansamp. The POD does pretty well with a bass.

Slackmaster 2000

I bought the old model Sansamp Bass DI with internal controls about 6 months ago, and love it. The new model has external controls which I bet is much nicer but I only paid $85 for the old style.

The Sansamp Bass DI is great, but I am intrigued by the POD craze. It sounds like the Bass POD is well thought out, and offers more than the Sansamp. But gee, $400? Thats alot of money.

Back