Thread: Recording Acoustic Guitar

Thanks

Recording Acoustic Guitar

Sign in to disable this ad
    I have tried Di'ing my Yamaha APX 4-a guitar but everytime I turn the bass eq control above a fifth of the way on the guitar the monitor speakers start buzzing. The monitor speakers are Yamaha msp5's and I have a Mackie desk and a pc using Sonar 3. Is this something to do with the gain setting on the desk?

setabkcin Guest
    Have you tried recording dry with a large diaphragm condenser mic? I use an Audio Technica AT3035 and I get a perfect accoustic sound every time.

Kansas City... Where there are no smart rockers.
    Thanks
    Hell yes! Why DI?

Thanks

this should be a good starting point...

Thanks

my setup

this is isnt really an answer to your question as such but i found a great way to get a beautiful acoustic sound. if you have an electro-acoustic that is, which by the sounds of it you do. I have a Yamah APX-5A by the way.

I acquired a Marshall AS50R amp not long ago and i found something a bit boring about the sound when the guitar was simply plugged in and the amp was di'd into my pc.
    So, i borrowed an AKG C1000 condenser mic, plugged that into the microphone socket, and plugged my guitar in at the same time, and it was beautiful. The clarity of the notes, yet the sweet sound of a well mic'd acoustic guitar. You could emulate that effect through your mackie mixer, taking up 2 channels, a neat idea might be to change the pan of the mic'd channel and the direct channel

Thread Information