Recorded guitar tone "test"

amra

Just messing around with some mid-gain type guitar recording.
This is not really my style, but I felt like trying something different. Even dug out the strat to record the clip.

Thoughts/Opinions on the tone?
Guitar tone test (MP3 format)

Last edited:
I like it. Very gutsy.

When you back off the volume pot you can get it to clean up, and crank it for that nice dirty punch.

What kind of amp are you using?

Not bad but a little wimpy. I suppose it depends on what you're shooting for. For hard hitting power chords I like the neck pickup. It just has more balls. Also, I'm hearing something here in the decay that may be mp3 artifacts......sounds pretty nasty.

TravisinFlorida said:
Not bad but a little wimpy. I suppose it depends on what you're shooting for. For hard hitting power chords I like the neck pickup. It just has more balls. Also, I'm hearing something here in the decay that may be mp3 artifacts......sounds pretty nasty.
I like the neck P/U on Strats for power chords, too.

Speaking of decay artifacts, that is the one area that my Pod XTL does very poorly with. It's not all the time, or with all models. I haven't isolated it to specific settings yet.

The nastiness that I'm hearing.......I've heard "similar" things in tube amp recordings. I have no idea what Amra is using here. It's almost like the low bit mp3 warble thing.

Yeah, I hear what you mean, but I can't really put my finger on it.

It would also help if that G string weren't being pulled sharp. :p

Zaphod B said:
Yeah, I hear what you mean, but I can't really put my finger on it.

It would also help if that G string weren't being pulled sharp. :p

And we all know how painful that can be...

Back