Questions on running a V-AMP

bixlmalta

I have A V-amp pro and I am slighlty confussed as to the best way to run it as a processor only into my guitar amp. I am currently running a Boss distortion pedal into the V-amp through the effects loop. I plug the guitar directly into the V-amp front input. I run the V-amp through the anolog outs l/r into my mixer. I then run the mixer into my Hot Rod Deville line input. Is this correct? should I use the power amp in on my guitar amp instead of the direct line in?

You don't have to use the mixer if you are just jamming, or want to mic the amp when you record. Looking at the output list there are a number of options available. The simplest would be to go from the right output in S2 mode, giving you the everything but cab simulators, and plug into the input of your Deluxe (good amp choice) or the line in. The only difference will be that if you go into the guitar input on the amp you get the preamp from your fender as well. But if you record direct, you get to take advantage of the stereo effect options as well as the left/right options, ie in S2 you can record one channel dry and one with effects. In that case you can run a line to your amp and use it as a monitor.

WHEW! Hope that helps.

Back