Props for Boss SD1

TelePaul

J to the R O C
It's a cool little pedal. I've heard it referred to as the poor mans tubescreamer but it gives a great sound as a booster.

TelePaul said:
It's a cool little pedal. I've heard it referred to as the poor mans tubescreamer but it gives a great sound as a booster.

I think it gets unfairly derided sometimes (probably because it can generally be found for $30). By itself it's nothing to write home about but you are right - it sounds really good as a booster, IMO. I use it exclusively for that purpose. My DS-1 gets more board time than several higher priced distortion units. A+

Well, you know, there ain't a lot to it. If you want it to sound a little sexier, try replacing the diodes with LEDs. Or germanium transistors, maybe. Or one of each, if you want some groovy assymmetrical clipping :cool:

mines never failed me. sounds fairly generic, and not massively exciting, but it's got enough gain for anything i've ever wanted from it. i'm fairly sure for the price it won't be beaten. i always forget it cost me less than £40. sounds funny when the batteries start going though - like a baby DS-1 trying to be all macho and not really managing it :p

Andy.

edit - shit. thought you were talking about the DS-1, not the SD-1. that things nice too... :rolleyes: :p

Sounds good to me. Does exactly what it says on the tin: it's an overdrive pedal. Use it to push a tube amp, and it's happy days.

Back