Project guitar

Venesectrix

A friend of mine gave me his old Series 10 guitar (kind of an Ibanez/jackson/strat knockoff) with two single coils and a humbucker in the bridge.

I turned it into a poor mans baritone by putting thicker strings on it (.075- .014 gauge) and did the "Quieting the Beast" mod and it sounds great.

I put a Duncan Designed Detonator pickup in the bridge that I bought for $30. It's REALLY hot and has a ton of low end, but it sounds a little muffled.

I still have the stock single coils right now. They sound okay, but they're really quite and have no low end.

So now I'm looking to replace the single coils but have no clue what would sound good. I want to stay away from anything resembling a country sound (no offence anyone) So I guess I need something with a really clear, but not harsh high end, decent low end and something that isn't deathly quite. Maybe a kind of clear bluesy sound I guess. I really don't want to spend a lot of money on this, so something below $50 wound be nice.

Also I may later replace the Detonator so if someone knows of something that would work well for a baritone any suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks

Back