The poor man's POD

Rolland

Anyone ever tried the Zoom 503? I'm thinking of getting one for my low budget, its functions are quite similar to the Pod's but I heard some nightmare stories about the distortion. I plan to use it mainly for the cabinet sim, delay and reverb. Then I put my other dist boxes in front of it. If you have tried this pedal before, please advice me if the 503 is a good buy! Or any other cabinet sim + reverb pedal which you recommend.

Well, I have a Zoom 505 ansd I use it to record. I plug my Zoom directly into my 4 track and it provides some quality sounds. I use the octaver and turn down all my trebles and use that as a bass and that works well too. I have never tried the 503 but the 505 is a good choice for a poor man's POD. Now granted it is no POD it can very well serve it's purpose. I like to play all types of music and when I play metallica I have a setting that is simply boss for that. There are also websites to get patches to program into your zoom. They are also very helpfull. so for under 100 a zoom would be your best bet.

Yeah man I have owned alot of zoom stuff(505,1010,9002) the 1010 is my fave but I now own the 505 and like it alot I also own a Pod and like it alot but if all you can get is the zoom get it its worth it, but if you an wait a litte longer get the gfx707,
its much cooler and has a drum box and pedal built in or just save for the pod you wont be sorry.........

Back