POD vs. Johnson J-Station

tkrose

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by monty:
Is it midi programable like the POD? Does the company provide version upgrades like the POD?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The short answer is I don't know for sure. I checked the Johnson Website and it looks like a new product and the info is limited. It mentions a "windows based editor librarian" but doesn't say exactly what that is.

Here is the link: http://www.johnson-amp.com/jstation.htm

I am considering buying a Line6 POD. I went to a local music store which until recently carried them and they told me that they (at the end of the month) will be carrying a similar product called the Johnson J-Station.

On paper (he let me look at this in the store but only had one copy) this seems more flexible than the POD in that the effects are fully programable. It has less amp sounds (3 less if I remeber correctly) but adds acoustic guitar modeling and bass amps too.

I was wondering if anyone has seen (heard) it and if it is as good sounding as the POD.

Is it midi programable like the POD? Does the company provide version upgrades like the POD?

Go with "the original"...the POD.
Everything else is just a knock-off.
Line6 kicked the guitar world in the ass with thier innovation, the rest of the companies are struggling to catch up.

Johnson amps are very highly praised however. More expensive, though, than most line 6 amps.

Interesting that they've created their own "POD"...some competition is always good to keep things moving forward.

If I were you I'd listen to both. Unless someone here has one, it's all going to boil down to sound and flexibility. Wait till the end of the month to buy.

I have one friend with a Johnson amp and he's VERY happy with it. I wish I could afford one (though I am also considering a Line6 amp ... seems a waste to buy a preamp when I need an entire amp ... figure I might as well get the best of both worlds!)

Slackmaster 2000

Back