Plug my guitar into my computer for recording riffs/tracks

ChronicHeadache

Hey yall. I'm a n00b here and to recording in general.
As of now I have garage band on my iPad, and will soon be investing in a full size mac desktop for recording (income flow permissing). My question is what are some god, quality plug-ins (for lack of knowledge of a better term) that I can use to connect my guitars and bass into my computer to record directly into garage band/logic/whatever I'll end up using in the future. Good quality, reasonable price/not break the bank yadda yadda.

and just for S&G's, I have a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 (7 string), an ESP LTD F-100FM (6 string), and some cheap 4 string Peavy bass that was a starter kit hand me down. (Ghetto equipment FTW!)

If you have Logic, play with the included amp modeler first before you spend any $ - might be good for you.

What you need is an audio interface with an instrument input (basically a preamp set up for electric guitars) if you want to plug directly into your computer. Doesn't the Mustang 3 have a USB output? If so, you can use that to go from the amp to the computer - the amp has a A-to-D converter, so serves as an audio interface.

Back