People pay extra for this?

64Firebird

I stopped into GC yesterday and they had these guitars from Fender called "Closet Classics" and "Relics" What they've done is to take a new guitar from the assembly line and used a sander on it. And people really pay extra for for someone to f**k up their guitar! Sometimes an extra $1000.00!

I'll tell you what. Just bring me your new guitar and for the low price of only $50.00 I'll take it out to biker bars and use it to defend myself. I'll spill beer in the pickups and I'll let my cigs burn the headstock under the big E string just like Eric Clapton's old strat. I'll carry it around in the bed of my Ford truck (without the case of course) and I'll get all my "ain't never been" Blues Buddy's to autograph it for you. When you get it back you won't know it's the same guitar. It'll look at least 30 years older.

Yeah, I've seen those. The plastic for the knobs and pick up covers is yellowed to look old. I used to lament that my 71 Tele had seen so much rough use but now I guess I'm right in style.

I never understood that either.. People will buy anything..

They sure sold alot of jeans doing that same thing, though.

That's nothing, Firebird....

Fender, not to be outdone by Gibson, will be releasing a Jimi Hendix "Authentic Look" Strat complete with dried vomit on it.

You gotta watch those bastards at GC. They look like long haired peace loving hippies, but they're really cold hard capitalists. I inquired about their credit card just for the hell of it. When the guy told me their interest rate was around 18% I almost laughed in his face. I told him "Dude, you need to cut your hair and put on a pair of sensible shoes."

64Firebird said:
I stopped into GC yesterday and they had these guitars from Fender called "Closet Classics" and "Relics" What they've done is to take a new guitar from the assembly line and used a sander on it. And people really pay extra for for someone to f**k up their guitar! Sometimes an extra $1000.00!

I'll tell you what. Just bring me your new guitar and for the low price of only $50.00 I'll take it out to biker bars and use it to defend myself. I'll spill beer in the pickups and I'll let my cigs burn the headstock under the big E string just like Eric Clapton's old strat. I'll carry it around in the bed of my Ford truck (without the case of course) and I'll get all my "ain't never been" Blues Buddy's to autograph it for you. When you get it back you won't know it's the same guitar. It'll look at least 30 years older.

Don't forget to hit it with a logging chain a few times after ya drag it down that washboard gravel road a few times in that Pickup of yours. A few swipes across the paint with propane torch with a spreader attachment will help age (and crack) the paint.

CR ><>

Jblount said:
Idiot, nice picture! How did you do that?

Jblount:

I just found my favorite pic, transformed it into a GIF using my Adobe Photoshop, and brought it down in size to the required
60 X 60 pixel limit the site imposes.

Send me a pic you want, I'll do it for you.

P.S.-Do you know who that is? ;)

VI

Back