Ovation CP 247??

Jouni

Good day.

I've been looking for an acoustic for a while and a friend called to say he's got an Ovation CP 247 electro-acoustic to sell for 450 euros...

On google it tosses a bunch of japanese-chinese pages at me... :mad:

Couldn't find it on Ovation site either.. Anyone got a piece of info on it??

it's a celebrity of some sort, many holes in it... :D

From what i know, the one your mate wants to sell you is a limited edition type of thing - it's the celebrity model, as you have said, whatever that means. (It's not, as far as I know, the quilted geen model mentioned above).

I read that these were for sale only in Japan so it would be worth asking where your friend got it from. It should also have a hard case with it.

I use an Ovation CC257 for live use and it does pretty good. If you're not familiar with the "Ovation" sound, I would recommend trying one out first. You really can't compare them to a all wood acoustic, they are totally different beasts. The Celebrity is not nearly as good as say their Balladeer, in both workmanship and tone, but they are durable and can take an ass beating without too much problems. You don't need to worry about humidity nearly as much. For recording purposes, I've had really good results mic'ing mine with a good quality Large daiphragm condensor. I wouldn't recommend recording DI with em tho.

Last edited:
Back