The Old Tone Thread

Well frankly, I don't know what I have. lol.

I believe it's a Flamenco guitar made somewhere around the 1910's.

It has a smaller body than every other flamenco I've played. Uses pegs instead of mechanical tuners. INCREDIBLY light. It sounds amazing! It can't really project very well though. :/

I really wish I can find out who made this. Oh well! It's pretty much impossible to find out.

Well frankly, I don't know what I have. lol.

I believe it's a Flamenco guitar made somewhere around the 1910's.

It has a smaller body than every other flamenco I've played. Uses pegs instead of mechanical tuners. INCREDIBLY light. It sounds amazing! It can't really project very well though. :/

I really wish I can find out who made this. Oh well! It's pretty much impossible to find out.

There are a bunch of Flamenco guitar makers still working out of Spain. It's quite a specific market for obvious reasons and they have their own practices and methods. If you bung up some pics I may be able to point out a few of the specifics that would separate it from a stock classical.

Tone...............................

Attachments

• Sammick.jpg
    Sammick.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Gemini VI.jpg
    Gemini VI.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 74
I'm not hearing any toans.
You gotta post a clip or it doesn't count.

Just sayin' .....

Last edited:
There are a bunch of Flamenco guitar makers still working out of Spain. It's quite a specific market for obvious reasons and they have their own practices and methods. If you bung up some pics I may be able to point out a few of the specifics that would separate it from a stock classical.

I'll post some pics when I get a new camera. Thanks!

And here is the tone of the guitar I'm talking about. I'm not playing flamenco, rather classical, but it sounds good with both genres!

I'll post some pics when I get a new camera. Thanks!

And here is the tone of the guitar I'm talking about. I'm not playing flamenco, rather classical, but it sounds good with both genres!

awesome! ..... fritz comes through with tone!

Sounds good man! A nice balanced sound ..... not boomy but not thin sounding either ........ nice!

Damn, that sounds pretty spectacular. For real, it's perfect. Like boob said, just the right balance. That might be the best acoustic recording I've ever heard in here. Just a guitar and a mic?

Back