Ok how many strat and or fender guitar lovers?

reco

I have had three strats.
My baby is a American standard limited addition in candy apple red with matching head stock a pearloid pick guard and a Dimarzio YJM in the bridge.

My Mexican Standard is long since gone, I wish I still had it..... White with a rosewood board and a dimarzio hs-3 in bridge(not fond of the stock fender bridge pickup).

And my cheapi but a great sounding guitar for some odd reason is my Squier fender bullet. Its basicaly a regular squier strat, it has a dimarzio steves special in the bridge.

other fenders...
I had a beat to death tele. striped and had a bad neck and a horible mirror pickguard.

And my newest toy is a Squier Jagmaster in silver sparkle.

Now lets hear what you got..
-Reco

:)

I'm a big Fender fan...I've never found another brand that I like as much. My lover is a Fender Jag-Stang (fiesta red) with a Seymour Duncan JB humbucker at the bridge and a Hot Rails at the neck. I'm looking at getting a Mustang (69, red probably) next. I also love the Jazzmaster, and I'm willing to give the Jaguar a second chance (didn't like it much at first).

Strat Cat here. I've had 4 Strats, all different models, and another on order as we speak. I started off with an Elite Strat, then a Heavy Metal Strat, then a Strat Plus. I don't have those 3 anymore. My current Strat is an American Standard Strat Hardtail (Hardtail because I DO have a problem with the standard whammy bars always knocking the things out of tune). 2 weeks ago I ordered a Floyd Rose Classic Strat w/ 2 humbuckers. The combination of the American Standard and the FR classic should give me about every guitar sound I could ever want. Thanx Leo!!

My main guitar is a '72 Tele with a maple neck and a Seymore Duncan stacked humbucking in the bridge position. Number two is a '98 American Standard Strat with a rosewood neck and a screamin' deamon in the bridge position. I also have a '83 Squire Strat with a maple neck that I replaced the stock electronics in (the stock pots and switchs were noisy). All the rest of my toys are from verious manufacturers (Gibson, Rickenbacker, Martin, National, Danelectro, etc...).

The only Strat I need: Teal-color American Deluxe............ unbeleivable playability and tone.........

Complements my Guild Starfire IV quite nicely! :)

Bruce Valeriani
Blue Bear Sound

My old faithful guitar is a mid-80's Japanese Contemporary Strat. Black with a white pickguard and maple neck. It also has 22 frets and a Fender locking trem (which actually keeps it in tune for weeks at a time). Its getting a little noisy so I'm gonna clean and possibly shield the electronics before I start my next recording session.

Bought it for $175 10 years ago and can't seem to find a guitar I like better for even 10 times the price. Like the other guys, I find the bridge pick-up to be a bit harsh and over-trebly, but I haven't actually gone through with putting a stacked humbucker in it. I generally play either in the middle pickup position or middle & neck through a deluxe reverb II amp. Someday I might compliment it with a les paul or SG, but I have little doubt that it will be my #1 guitar forever. God bless Fender guitars!

Hey yall.
I forgot I also had a Fender Jaguar Reissue.
But I had some bad problems with it staying in tune or rather sounding in tune.....
I want to find a jagstang, any one know were?
Guilds are now a fender company.

Lazyboy posts like a madman when he has schoolwork to do

My best friend has a jag reissue. I really don't like much about it. Like yours Reco, the intonation is terrible, it won't stay in tune, and its essentially toneless. And the Jag-Stang (which same friend had) in my opinion, is worse still. I mean no offense Barto, but the neck is entirely too thin, it doesn't feel like its weighted nicely and evenly. The most annoying part is that the pickup selector switches are right above the strings where you strum. Anytime I played his jag-stang I wound up knocking the selectors all over the place and tearing the shit out of my wrist. The cool factor was top-notch though. Not exactly GG Allen, but the audience always seems to be impressed when you bleed all over your instrument on stage.

So I guess I should say God Bless Strats and Teles.

Buddy Holly, Cliff Gallopp, SRV, and Jimi can't be wrong.
My first experience with Strats started with a strat copy that stood in it's stand at a local department store.....
There is something about those offset body horns, slanted pickup and way cool pickgaurd shape. Leo must have known he was doing somthing magical.....Since the days of my Harmony strat copy, I owned several Fenders. I regretfully sold a 1974 Tele Deluxe that was a 9 out of 10 with the original case and hang tags....I still own and play an '82 Squire strat. It was black on black with rosewood neck. Now it has an off white pickgaurd and some Texas Special pickups, leftovers from my "I wanna play like Stevie days". I've owned a Mexican strat and a '68 reisue and now I'm looking for an early 70's Tele, blond, maple neck, and a Bigsby. Any one that knows of one for sale let me know. And of course I'm going to buy that Fiesta Red '59 strat when my lottery check comes in.......But ym true love for Fender is the early amps. There is no better sound to me than my '54 tweed Deluxe screaming out rock-a-billy riffs while I'm playing my ES-125 with p-90s or anything else that has right sounding single coils. Fender amps are great all the way from the leather and tweed era to the silverfaced era.
Thanks Leo................we all owe you one.

[Edited by Daddy-O on 10-08-2000 at 10:35]

Don't know Cliff Gallop, but Buddy Holly, Jimi and SRV all met with early demises.

Maybe if they'd had the good sense to buy a Les Pauls....

Oh yeah, Cobain played Fenders too.

jvasey,

Some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing......

Its obvious that you must be a brainless wonder to even mention curt cobain in the same breath as legends such as BUDDY HOLLY, JIMI, and SRV. As far as CLIFF GALLOPP goes, I wouldn't expect you to know of such pioneering guitar players. And as for your extremely tastless comment about strat playing being linked to the death of these musical genuises, I have nothing to say you; your ignorance speaks for itself......

Jag-Stang For Mayor

I hear ya lazyboy, the Jag-Stang is a love it or hate it guitar. Lots of people hate it, lots of people love it. I love it. I honestly never had any bad encounters with the pickup selectors...I prolly hit them maybe a few times but nothing bad. I really like the neck on it too...it's so much easier to play. And reco, I do believe you can still get Japanese Jag-Stangs new from the Fender Japan retailer, along with Mustang and Jaguar reissues. I do not have the URL, however...anyone have it?

Yo,Lazyboy..........
ditto on the '80's Japanese Strat standard.Mine is an '88,with no lock,no humbucking,21 frets....just a stock Fender Strat.But what a great guitar.I've owned ALOT of strats through the years,but this one has the vibe.Usually on strats,I'll swap necks,pickups,ect (no,I'm not trying to make a Blackie)...but the last two I've bought (the other being a Japanese '57 reissue),I've decided it couldn't get much better.

Ahhh...Fender
I like Fender.
I have a Blues DeVille, a Pro Jr., a Princeton Chorus, and a silverface Twin Reverb (that works great when it works). I have a '77 Strat that is chocolate with a hardtail, a '92 white mexican which I have ripped apart and put together in my own liking, and a newer red Plus Deluxe which is my least favorite. I also have a black '96 P-bass and a cool purple Jazz bass which is 2 years old. I also have a sunburst Tex-Mex Telecaster. It has the humbucker and 5 way switch, and is a blast to play.
Out of all that, my favorite is the little mexican strat that I did alot of work on. It has Texas Special pickups, an American standard bridge, new pots and petns, and a turtle shell custom shop pickguard. Anyone who plays it is amazed at the smooth tone and playability.
I really like Fender!

My baby is an '83 american standard tobacco sunburst strat,rosewood neck,mother of pearl pickguard,Jackson vintage re-issues in neck and bridge with a Jackson stack humbucker in the bridge.I also have a red Charvel strat in the same configuration as above plus coil taps on the pickups (phase switch).'67 to '82 are the CBS years.Look for "Pre-BS" or recent american models.
Tom

I had a Fender strat, then ended up with Ibanez strat, then a Washburn strat, (had a Peavy strat in there somewhere) now i've got a Kramer strat and I'm saving for an american Fender strat. I love strats!

Let me see if I'm comprehending what some of you are saying;
There are other guitars in the world besides Strats?

dabluesman said:
I had a Fender strat, then ended up with Ibanez strat, then a Washburn strat, (had a Peavy strat in there somewhere) now i've got a Kramer strat and I'm saving for an american Fender strat. I love strats!
Er, not to be picky... but only FENDER makes a strat - anything else is a clone/copy/whatever.... (not saying the others aren't necessarily good or bad - just not "strats"!)

:)

Bruce Valeriani
Blue Bear Sound

[Edited by bvaleria on 10-10-2000 at 06:12]

Back