Page 1337 of 1347 FirstFirst ... 337 837 1237 1287 1327 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 ... LastLast
Results 13,361 to 13,370 of 13464

Thread: The New Tone Thread

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Don't know how many current members are interested in posting tone clips. I am, but I'd just as soon see a new thread for it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robus View Post
    Don't know how many current members are interested in posting tone clips. I am, but I'd just as soon see a new thread for it.
    Knock yourself out.

No, really.
    I've got two sheds, me. http://www.therecordingrebels.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robus View Post
    Not that I mind, but I'm curious why.

Trivia: This is like the 3rd Tone thread started. Not sure why the others were shutdown.

Thanks
    This is what it sounds like with turd flies.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Not that I mind, but I'm curious why.

Trivia: This is like the 3rd Tone thread started. Not sure why the others were shutdown.
    The first "tone thread" didn't take off. The progenitor of this leviathan was Sky Blu Lou's "Tone to Die For"thread in the Cave. It had a great run in there but was lost when the Cave was deleted. The management saw fit not to preserve it. This thread? You tell me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba po View Post
    The management saw fit not to preserve it. This thread? You tell me.
    Damn those guys, anyway.

I've never posted my own tones, but I enjoy reading through and trying out the settings on my amp-sim plugs. Never matches up for some reason. lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Bob View Post
    well, except all greg's clips are gone
    True that...but TBH...I think it only would really matter if someone was trying to copy those same tones and had the exact same gear that Greg has.
    I always saw this as an individual thing...your gear, your tones.
    Just saying that if anyone here really wanted to keep posting tones...they certainly could.

I think what's really missing now in this thread isn't Greg's tones...it's Greg's opinion of other people's tones, which is often what many here looked for....but hey, someone made that bed here, and now they can lay in it.

I think some may want to start a new thread only to try and get away from all that...but, that smacks more of personal issues and nothing to do with tones.

This is a tone thread...carny on, if you wish or can.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miroslav View Post
    I think what's really missing now in this thread isn't Greg's tones...it's Greg's opinion of other people's tones, which is often what many here looked for....but hey, someone made that bed here, and now they can lay in it.
    Yes, that's missing. But what's really important is that everybody who participated in the tone thread was part of a community aiming towards the same goal - the perfect realisation of their tone for their style of music. Yes, Greg was a focus for this thread and he held it together, but everybody who contributed had their own desired end point. There was back and forth between the members and no serious disparagement of any member's style of music. The contributors were very diverse, but they were all earnest and honest about wanting to improve and be improved.

But when you kick out one of that group, nobody else from that group wants to stay. Let Robus start his thread. Let him try to get it going. It takes an incredible amount of dedication and hard work. The Tone thread didn't fall into anybody's fucking lap.

Go for it, Robus. I'm watching.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba po View Post
    Yes, that's missing. But what's really important is that everybody who participated in the tone thread was part of a community aiming towards the same goal - the perfect realisation of their tone for their style of music. Yes, Greg was a focus for this thread and he held it together, but everybody who contributed had their own desired end point. There was back and forth between the members and no serious disparagement of any member's style of music. The contributors were very diverse, but they were all earnest and honest about wanting to improve and be improved.

But when you kick out one of that group, nobody else from that group wants to stay. Let Robus start his thread. Let him try to get it going. It takes an incredible amount of dedication and hard work. The Tone thread didn't fall into anybody's fucking lap.

Go for it, Robus. I'm watching.
    No serious disparagement? Ok well then maybe you define that differently.

Greg 'when productive' is/was seriously and personally missed here by myself and other mods and admin. What isn't missed is the reasons he decided to leave. He made the choice by years of bending the site rules and ridiculing new members. He decided to make his own rules. I admire that in many ways. But...

Why are you calling out Robus?

Go for it, Bubba po, I'm watching.
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmys69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Read back through the posts on this thread. It was as much a clubhouse as it was about guitar clips. Would it have sustained itself based on tone clips alone? Could any thread? I'm doubtful, unless it were stickied. How many HR posters are recording regularly? And the more productive people I know of on this forum tend to care more for sharing mixes and songs than raw guitar clips.

To answer Chili's question as to why a fresh start would be desirable, if there were to be a tone clip thread at all: To avoid having to deal with crap like this:

Oh, look - three flies on a corpse.

Thread Information