new mullards???

Cool. I wonder what pricing will be. I suppose the current prices for NOS mullards may have finally made it profitable enough to entice new production. I could use a bunch of them.:D

well at least they didn't seem to hype it too much. just a subtle mention. they could have come out with some sort of statement like "the legend is back!" or something equally obnoxious. hopefully they will sound great

proteus

Ive been doing some research on the net aswell, ans it seems as though Proteus Audio Development tested the tubes:

proteusaudiodevelopment.com/techtube.aspx

" Come and hear Proteus Diamond at the London Sound and Vision show
September 2008

The equipment to be used during the show will be as follows;
Diamond KT90 valve amplifier with the new, Blackburn Microtech Solutions, "TechTube" valves.
"

So they will be using the valves at the show, and according to this: " The E813CC is a direct replacement for the ECC83 traditional valve but it gives a consistency in performance only dreamt of by the current end user. In addition the life performance from the new valve technology is extended to compare with television displays, life times up into 20,000 hrs under normal usage conditions are to be expected. "

they are pretty hyped about it. Anyone got any other news about it?

If they can manage to make a dual triode that actually works consistently, it will be a great thing.

What surprises me is that they are starting with preamp tubes. They are not the most profitable tubes to make, because they last so long. Power amp tubes need to be replaced on a fairly regular basis, so that tends to be where most tube manufacturers these days spend their effort.

{edit}Actually, looking at their website a bit more, if they do this right, I will be (as a friend likes to say) fuckedstoked about this. It could be a really great thing.{/edit}

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Back