New guy, quick answer...

thedrowningman0

Ok, probably a dumb question but I'm looking for a until to plug my bass, and guitar if possible into (preferably the same one) and then be able to plug it into my computer or recording station. When I do that directly from my amp it comes out with no sound or it clips no matter when if I do amplify it.

I'm new to this whole buisiness and I was wondering if you could tell me how I can go around this. I've heard a J-Station or VF-1 from Boss can do this for both guitar and bass, but what do you guys recommend, or do you have other suggestions. I know they're probably not the best, but they handle both my needs. As for the best I've heard the POD for guitar and SansAmp Bass Driver are the best. Anyway, I'm not an audiophite 'per se' so I'll take what I can get.

Thanks for any help,
thedrowningman0

Sounds like what you want is a DI (Direct Injection) box or 2. Basically, you plug your guitar/bass into the DI box, and then the line out of the DI box into you soundcards line in. Viola!

- gaffa

Yes, The Boss VF-1 Can provide great sounds for guitar and bass. I have one and I really like it. Also it has patches for vocal effects and a great acoustic guitar simulator. It has factory presets and user patches that allow you to tweak the sounds. Nice unit

Misterqcue,
Did you say you have a Bass Pod or are you using your guitar Pod for bass? I use a clean tube setting on my RP2000 and it's the best thing I've tried so far so my expectation of the Bass Pod is pretty high.

I dont know of a DI made for both guitar and bass. I've tried the SansAmp GT-2 for both and I was unhappy with it on the bass, its great for the guitar though. I had to go seperate with the bass and get a SansAmp Bass DI. You might run into the same problem with a POD, though I wouldn't know for sure.

I run my bass through my regular guitar POD and it works very nicely. If I had the extra dough, I would think about getting the bass POD also, but the original POD works well enough, so I am happy.

Billy shehan(I think thats how you spell it)
From Mr.Big(formerly yes no?)uses a regular pod for bass.

Back