New guitar today

JCH

El Nacho
A '02 les paul studio followed me home today. I had to put it down finally to make this post. :D

gibsonstudiolp.jpg

Yep. I'm green with envy :(

.. and of course you're selling one of the other guitars to make room, right?

New axe looks fantastic.

Cheers,
FM

Thanks Zaph

Thanks. It's worn mahogany. I got the AC4TV a few weeks ago. It's a neat little amp. The built in attenuator is very cool. Good tone on all settings. I'd recommend one for anyone looking for a small recording/bedroom amp.

Really love the finish, am a sucker the natural look. Have the Vox myself and agree on all counts, think it sounds great!

They used to sell a little Vox amp that I intended to buy but then they replaced them with some other model that didn't sound 1/10th as good IMO. The one I wanted was only $110. The newer model Vox amps in the $100 range that I've played unfortunately sound like amps that belong in the $100 range.

IIRC, the AC4TV is listed at $250 or so on sweetwater.

Really love the finish, am a sucker the natural look. Have the Vox myself and agree on all counts, think it sounds great!
I own a few low watt amps. The others I have seem to sound better with single coil pickups. The Vox is the opposite. It loves humbuckers. I'm curious if you had the same impression?
Nice. :).......
Thanks CM I'm diggin' it
They used to sell a little Vox amp that I intended to buy but then they replaced them with some other model that didn't sound 1/10th as good IMO. The one I wanted was only $110. The newer model Vox amps in the $100 range that I've played unfortunately sound like amps that belong in the $100 range.

IIRC, the AC4TV is listed at $250 or so on sweetwater.
I've never tried any of the small Vox solid state amps, so I can't offer an opinion on them. I see them in the pawn shops all the time for forty, or fifty bucks. If you look around you might find the one you liked. I bought my AC4TV at Sam Ash for $229. They're well worth the price.

I own a few low watt amps. The others I have seem to sound better with single coil pickups. The Vox is the opposite. It loves humbuckers. I'm curious if you had the same impression?

Interesting observation. I have the Vox, an Epi valve Jnr combo, Fender Champion 600 and a Marshall Class 5. In the case of the Vox, I think it might just be the case that humbuckers drive the input that little bit harder. I've used the amp with single coils and a TS9 or Blackstar HT 5 boost and it sounds pretty good. Also think it cleans up well for country. As I recall, I demo'd it in-store with a 'Road Worn' Tele with Texas Specials and it sounded very full. To be honest, I've found that with the exception of the bad-ass Marshall, all the 5 watters I have need a bit of pedal support, usually in the form of a modest OD/boost or a compressor.

...In the case of the Vox, I think it might just be the case that humbuckers drive the input that little bit harder.....I've found that with the exception of the bad-ass Marshall, all the 5 watters I have need a bit of pedal support, usually in the form of a modest OD/boost or a compressor.

I use a TS-9 for clean boost sometimes, but not very often. I think what I'm hearing might be that my other small amps have more gain on the front end, and therefore work better than the less powerful single coils. This doesn't apply to P-90's though, more so for fender style pickups with rod magnets. Anyway I like the amp. It's a keeper.

Back