Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: new guitar! fender tele?

Thanks

new guitar! fender tele?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I was thinking of buying a new guitar because my old SQUIRE's number is nearly up. I see alot of my fave bands playing the telecaster. But nevermind that, it is awsome looking and I hear it is extremely versitile. So the question is, is it true?
    Thanks,
    Rob

P.S. Bands I wouldn't mind sounding like....Mineral, Hum, Sigur Ros, Gloria Record, Appleseed Cast, American Football, Radiohead, Mogwai.

Thanks
    Yes, a tele is very versatile indeed. It sounds good clean and distorted. You can't go wrong with a tele IMO.

Thanks
    If you have the $$, consider the Nashville Tele: it comes with the usual Tele setup PLUS a Strat middle p/u (other teles only have 2 P/U in them), and with that, you can get an amazing breadth of tone. I am saving for one myself

Thanks
    I bought a Tele on Friday, my first electric. It is a custom special flame top with a beautiful arched body and dual humbuckers. I think I am in love.

Pete

Thanks

Thumbs down

Real Teles don't have humbuckers arched tops or three pickups.

Thanks
    Originally posted by battleminnow
    I bought a Tele on Friday, my first electric. It is a custom special flame top with a beautiful arched body and dual humbuckers. I think I am in love.

Pete
    I just bought one of those on Sunday Nice, aren't they?

travis

Thanks
    Originally posted by battleminnow

Pete
    hey-

can the humbuckers switch to a real good single coil sound too?

Thanks
    While I agree that the Fender Korean-made "Telecasters" with arch tops, set necks and humbuckers which have recently been discontinued are really dubiously Telecasters, the Nashville clearly is a Telecaster.

It - particularly the MIA B-Bender version - gives 100% of the traditional Telecaster sounds, plus the Stratocaster "quack" sound.

An interesting new Telecaster that looks like a great value to me so far is this one, a brand new Korean with a lot of interesting features.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Alanfc
    hey-

can the humbuckers switch to a real good single coil sound too?
    I've read in reviews that the single coil setup sounds more like a strat than a tele. Having never extensively used anything without humbuckers, my unprofessioinal opinion is that it sounds different, and like I imagine a single coil would sound I just look at it as another set of tones I can use if it fits the song.

So far i'm extremely happy with this thing.

travis

Thanks
    I love Telecaseters! I've got two Mexicans (my favorite) and the other guitarist in my band has some special edition (bound with something that looks like mother of pearl, painted headstock). I love them. It's a refreshing break from SGs and Les Pauls that so many "indie-rock" bands play.

The last one I bought I played a BUNCH. A custom shop, a '52 reissue, American Standard, Nashville and the best was one of the Mexicans. Be very critical of them though. Some are great some are ok. I played about 4 different Mexicans before getting the one I got and they are a great deal at $350.

Thread Information