New Guitar Advise

If what they said about the strings being able to be vibrated with a 10Mhz frequency,(just the fact that the they made something that was able to work like real string), god knows WTF nanotechnology is capable of.
Its very scary when you think about it.
Eventually they'd be able to make nuclear weapons using nanotech.They could be distributed by remote control fruit flies!

Anyone notice that it was a left handed guitar? Also, that put some of those bass guitar style pick ups in it - they could have at least put a humbucker in it. I wonder if it is active or passive pick up? It also didn't have any strap buttons on it - how are you supposed to play the thing without a strap. 80's metal guitar players won't like it either - no wammy bar!!!

Paul

Seeing as how the strings were formed from a single silicon crystal, I don't know if you would pluck them without breaking them. Seems like they would be tapped, more like a xylophone - or Stanley Jordan on a on an ES 335.

There's an incredible marketing opportunity here - offer to inject the tiny guitars into the veins of musicians, so you could really have music in your blood :)

I decided, on a whim, to go to the oldest post in the guitar forum, and see if I could learn anything. so, here I am. Had to google "nanotar" to see a pic, but it was worth it.

I guess.

they apparently don't know anything about a stratocaster.
:D

I'd call that a cross between a P-Bass because of the pickups and a Warlock.

Choosing your first guitar wisely is important. Just remember to get something you like, and don't sacrifice quality when buying something inexpensive.

Choosing your first guitar wisely is important. Just remember to get something you like, and don't sacrifice quality when buying something inexpensive.

Ummmm, this is a 12 year old thread and it's not even about a real guitar.

Sage advice nonetheless.

Well, darn. The page referenced is no longer up. I'm glad I saw it before it went away, but now all our fun has been ruined.

Back