New build

Peter Pavlonis

This is my newly built Stratocaster.
Body and Neck from Warmouth. Neck is 10-16 compound radius with SS frets. 1-3/4" @ the nut, I did the finishing with the help of a friend who has a spray booth. The finger board is unfinished natural maple, (coated with linseed oil)
The body is a 3lb 12oz Ash and sounds beautiful.
This guitar came in around 600.00, I was going to just build a MIM Strat when I realized you can order what you really want from Warmouth only thing is, parts come un-finished.

Attachments

• Body Shot.JPG
    Body Shot.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • Cavity.jpg
    Cavity.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • Neck.JPG
    Neck.JPG
    898.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Trem Block.JPG
    Trem Block.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 18
I have often said that Fender would be a better company if they sold unassembled guitars. I have owned many strats over the years, and I modified everyone to get it more to my liking. A couple of years ago I decided to put together a strat, and used a body and neck from Warmoth. I got the same neck as you, with SS 6100 frets. I called them before purchasing to ask if the necks come with frets leveled, crowned and polished, and was told that they are pretty much good to go. He did mention that if I was very particular about fret work, that I may want to give them a polishing when it arrived, but that it would be play ready either way. I am kind of finicky about frets, so I gave them a good polishing before assembly. I also had them do a vintage tint nitro finish on the neck, and route a Floyd nut shelf . Got an unfinished Alder body routed for a floyd, and relic'd the body. Put a Low wound Lollar Imperial in the bridge, and Lollar specials in mid and neck. Wired it up with a variable coil tap, and variable treble bleed. All told, I spent around 1600, which aint bad, considering you can't find a store bout with the same feature, and quality for less than a few grand. The only downside is that I could never get close to what I spent, unless I were to dismantle it and part it out. The upside is that it has been the best Strat, or Strat style guitar I have owned to date, so I don't plan to ever get rid of it. In fact, I have my Warmth shopping cart full, and getting ready to build another. I am going to put a proper nitro finish on it myself. Just need to get my spray booth complete, and let the summer pass. Way to humid here in the summer for spraying nitro. Especially for a spray noob. But I am looking forward to fucking it up a few times before getting it right.
Great looking axe you have there. Hope you are digging it as much as I do mine.

Back